Friday, December 2

Upcycled Chalkboard


We had one day before going back to the grind, post-Thanksgiving. And we did what every normal family does: de-clutter and completely re-arrange our downstairs furniture which, of course, led to a quick diy project. You do that too, right?!

This project was so quick-- I didn't even take before or during pictures. Plus it was at night, in the garage-- really horrid lighting. I was really over the large framed print we had in our living room, hanging over our sofa. It was from Target, like four years ago. So, I basically followed a tutorial I found a while ago {and since can't find}. I spray painted the frame to up date it and chalkboard spray painted the glass. Real easy chalkboard. The print still sits behind the glass. Why have I waited so long to make it??

Cost: Absolutely free!

Definitely need to work on my bleh handwriting skills.
But what I'm most excited about is being able to write up scripture verses since we spend most of our time downstairs. Perhaps it was the conversation with my sis-in-law about wanting to memorize more scripture that gave me a kick in the pants.
{...was experimenting with a cotton ball garland via pinerest...can't decide if I love it yet. W thinks I need to add something to it...maybe some snowflakes??}

My current dilemma is what to put above our sofa now; however, I'm SO excited to finally have a chalkboard something in the house!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I LOVE THIS.

i have been wanting to find a small area within the downstairs to write daily inspirational quotes, scripture, etc. i just need to find the dang area!! i feel like we have no room. :( i should have you come over and help me. and i heart chalkboards!!!! ahhh!!! love love love!

Stef said...

I think this is super cute, but I must confess, I'm not sure what the rave is with chalkboards. My Mom says its because I was homeschooled and so we had one in our kitchen my entire life (with chores and whatnot posted on it). I love how women like you are "dressing" yours up, so they're not the boring ol' school room looking ones though!
And you have awesome handwriting!