Saturday, January 22

Meet the Fam

Swenson siblings; rehersal dinner for our wedding

Oldie. That's W in the front row, sporting his fanny pack wrist band, next to Dof.


A few months ago, I was chatting with a girlfriend about a few of my awesome in-laws when she suggested that I make her a family tree with pictures. That way she would once and for all put faces to the many names that I throw her way when updating her on life. I confessed to her that W  had made a family tree for me on a word document right when we first started dating so I could keep everyone straight. It was my first big test to see if I could handle his giant family!

I've included W's nicknames for people as well, although with most of them I can't remember the back story. Laying this out has really helped me to see why I always respond to the question, "How many kids do you want to have?" with "At least three." Well, clearly that's a Swenson sibling average that we also need to uphold. So here you go, Nat!


{Mama} Judy
who was married to Donald until he passed away in 2006. She lives in the house that everyone grew up in, in Orange County.

Swenson Siblings in Chronicial Order...

Ellen
who's married to Tim. Both have been in the Regal Cinemna Theaters management for a long time. Which we are so thankful for...movie nights are free date nights for the Swensons. They live in Orange County.

Ruth {Suferus}

a stay-at-home mom and homeschool teacher who's married to Michael {Michael-Michael-Motorcycle}. Ruth is also the family historian and of whom I'm eternally grateful for the THREE baby pictures I have of W. They have three kids: Alyson, Shane {StarWars Officioando}, and Wyatt {born just four days after E}.  They also make residence in OC.

Frank
lives and works at a Young Life camp near Sac town with wife, Kaycie, and their two boys, Alex and Zach. The boys are brothers and were adopted from the Ukrine many years ago.

John {Jackass}

is married to Kelly and is father to Amy Linnea {the sender of Flat Stanley}, Samantha, and Daniel Jack {the sender of awesome hand-me-downs}. They moved to Indiana right around the time W and I started dating. But we went out for a visit {with a pit stop in Chicago} the summer I was pregnant with E and loved getting to know them better.

Wesley {Captain or Wes-a-lee-Poo-Poo}
a high-school math teacher who spent his whole courtship with now wife, Carolyn, long-distance. They currently live in Orange County, too, but are making every effort to get back to Massachusetts, where C grew up. We affectionately refer to them as the REI poster family. Carolyn is an artist by trade but really a full time Mom. They are parents to Josiah, Charis, and Grandbaby #15 due in June.


Dorothy {Dof}
has three beautiful kiddos: Tristan {Buiscuit}, Emily, and Ashaya. They live in the OC with Mama.

Lastly and finally is William and his little family. They reside in...well, you know the story... ;)


6 comments:

Stef said...

I love the idea of doing a family tree!!
William was such a cutie pie - and I see Ezra looks a lot like Daddy. Maybe he gets his blonde locks from Mama?
Also, Wesley and William look so much alike - love the names his Mom picked.

Erin Stewart said...

This is a GREAT idea!!! Might have to copy you ;) Love all of the pics :)

Michelle Weiss said...

I love the family tree idea! Makes it easier to put names to a face :) Hope you are all well!

Stefany said...

I agree... Great Idea! Love all the family pictures too! : )

Tiffany said...

Family tree is a great idea:) It's funny how much some of them look like W! So nice to be married into a great family:) some people do not get so lucky (like my friend who just married in october:/)

Tara said...

william and all his siblings look so much alike!!