*Was reminded just how much I love 4/5th graders! They are so responsible and still so sweet. A 4th grader played with E for almost an hour at the park. She was so great and he was completely worn out for nap time. I miss being around that age!
*Swenson Boys Camp-out: W left us for the first time for a male-bonding winter camping weekend. I sure hope they still do this when E is old enough to join the fun. Frank and his two boys picked up W then drove down to the OC to meet up with Wesley, his three-year-old, and cousin Tristan. Brother-in-law, Michael, and Shane joined them on Saturday for the day. Lots of boys and lots of fun. But, I sure missed him! The lonely kind of missing where you have to keep your layers on because the bed is still cold after the 5 minute warm-up.
*E's is really getting the sign language thing down. He knows "all done" and "more" and is using them in all different contexts. It's been fun to really start communicating. He's also saying "night-night" when he's ready for a nap which is blowing us away. Perhaps we don't give his sleeping ability as much credit as we should. ;)
*I love the Vine, a boutique theatre in a nearby town. I had heard about it awhile ago, but finally went with my girlfriend, Erin, and her sister for a girls night. Dinner and a chick flick all at the same place! Their sofas and chairs are super comfy as is their lounge area. Wine and beer is also served. Can't wait to go back for a date night with W.
*I love the Vine, a boutique theatre in a nearby town. I had heard about it awhile ago, but finally went with my girlfriend, Erin, and her sister for a girls night. Dinner and a chick flick all at the same place! Their sofas and chairs are super comfy as is their lounge area. Wine and beer is also served. Can't wait to go back for a date night with W.
*W's first training day at his new job. I, as his nerdy wife, took a picture in front of our door. Of course, this isn't the first time that I've put him through it. {here and here.} Until E's old enough for school, I have to keep the Arterburn tradition going somehow.
*The Jenkins are here for their last visit before heading back to Spain as missionaries with Avant. It's definitely been a longer than expected journey getting back there with all the paperwork, time for visa applications, and support raising for a now family of three. But we loved the extended time that we've gotten with them and that E has been able to have so much playtime with Ethan. We're sad to see them go next month, but hey, maybe we'll be crazy adventurous people and go out for a visit!

7 comments:
I LOVE that you have a tradition of taking front door photos. My mom used to do that too! (And may I say, your husband looks very dapper in his gray sweater). Such cute little bathtub boys too - I can't wait for the age of bath toys and splashing around. :)
looks like fun happenings! Congrats to Mr. W on his first day at the new job. I think its super cute that you take his picture in the doorway. You're getting all into it with him!
yay for girls nights! the vine is AWESOME! we love it!! love that food and drinks are served with the movie! prob my fav part! there is also a place that does that in the city, that is super nice!
the sign language is so exciting! brady doesnt do it as much anymore, but from about a year till about 18 months he did it all the time. i think it is so adorable and its just a small reminder at how smart these little ones really are!
Yay for signing! Isn't it great? We love signing with Abby. We're just now trying some of the more abstract things, like "hurt", etc..love you lots! Do we get a post about Ws new job soon? Is he enjoying it?
I love babies/toddlers and sign language.
I tried with Alyssa and she would sign more, please and all done but not for long because she started talking early.
Trey is completely uninterested. He shakes his head yes or no and already has a handful of words, more being one of them.
Early talkers... : /
Wow!!! That girls night really sounds fun :) We should make it a double date soon!!! I LOVED the movie!!!
Aww good for you Jess! Its so nice to get out and reconnect with good friends. I have been doing signing to Grayson he is still to young but what the heck I am starting early with the hopes he will catch on. Hope W had a great trip!
Post a Comment