So, I left our journey off on a sad note earlier this week. I feel the need to update now that some things have happened. The biggest of which: William has a job. As of this week. The bad news: it's temporary {a month}, and he's definitely over-qualified. The good news: he has a job! :) As well as: he gets home at 5pm {what?!? that actually happens?!}, it's local, within accounting, and he's actually getting additional software experience to buff up his resume! Woot woot!
Although I think we're only at the beginning of this {potentially long} journey, it's been so wonderful to see how thoughtful, tender, and encouraging our friends and family have been to us. {Thank you again, Ruth, for your encouraging conversation!} Having a solid support system has made going through this bearable. W has had some great conversations with men who've been here before when they had a young family. My girlfriends have been praying for us and one, Elizabeth, recently lent me a beautiful album by JJ Heller. Um, instant fan. So many of the songs speak perfectly to where we're at. I basically have the track on repeat whenever I'm in the car...so much so, Ezra knows some of the lyrics now.
This week has been more about letting go, for me. Letting go of what the future holds and whatever plans we had for the year. I can honestly say I have no clue what the future will look like. And now there is no illusion of control. I've also been grappling with the difference between plans and dreams as well as how those align with the Lord's. Neither are inherently bad, but I feel like they may steal our joy at times. I still have dreams for our family, but can no longer really plan them out. Perhaps that's the intended joy of letting go and seeing what the Lord has? He's good at providing more than we can ever anticipate, isn't he?
For now, I'm enjoying our everyday freedoms and God's little gifts of grace. Freedom to decide what our day will look like and who we'll spend it with. I'm still so thankful to be home with my kids. The freedom of a two-day weekend. The gift of this temp job. Trying to live in the moment without thinking five or ten steps ahead. Surprisingly, this week has been super smooth with the boys. I delight in the fluidity of "daily life", even if the kitchen is a mess, the dishes aren't done, I'm tired, and my hair is in a pony all week. The rain, reading books, seeing friends, playing ball, extra time to make yummy meals and cozying up with my two boys are really the bees' knees. Life is short, but it is also wide. I'm thankful that there is a lot to take in even within the boundaries of every day life. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in our lives both internally and externally in the up-coming months!

3 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'm SO behind in the blog world and so happy to catch up with YOU!
First, YAY for William! What a blessing, even if only temporary - which only God knows.
We'll be praying that a permanent GOOD, solid job is provided while he's busy with this temp position.
So glad he has this though - what an answer to prayer! you have on diligent, hard working hubby, Jess!
Cute pictures. Loved the post in SF and cannot get over how big your boys are getting. Still not used to saying boyS :)
Yay for some work! This answers my question on Instagram. We shall keep praying for you!
YAY!!!! such great news!!! LOVE the pics!!
Post a Comment