Got it on Tuesday. And it was gnarly. Seriously put me under for the rest of the week.
My mom took E the following day and I seriously didn't leave my bed except to change Theo's diaper and to replenish my drinks.
My only company:
Half on me was so worried that he'd get it but the other half half really enjoyed the snuggles. It was wonderful to sleep, rest, and have quiet.
A girlfriend made us dinner, brought it over and took the pups out before leaving. Seriously, heaven-sent. My mom brought Ezra back right before bed. She took Theo then bathed E and got him ready for bed right as W was getting home. Baton pass. W takes over. I hadn't moved from bed. I was so tired and weak.
I somehow make it through the next day without help. Although all I wanted to do was to crawl back into bed. I found out E has a superpower. My toddler's superpower? Sensing Mama's weakness and taking advantage. We needed intervention, but I didn't want it to be in the form of the boob-tube. So by Friday afternoon, I'm calling my parents and carting all three of us over until W finishes up at work. It was also the first day I could finally get three whole meals inside my stomach and get myself dressed.
It's been at least five years since I've had something like this. Not pretty with two kids who still need a lot from Mama. What a start to the year and to W's busy season. Yeesh.
It's been at least five years since I've had something like this. Not pretty with two kids who still need a lot from Mama. What a start to the year and to W's busy season. Yeesh.

2 comments:
I am so glad you're better! Sorry this had you guys down so long :(
SO SORRY! it is going around SO bad this year!! glad you are on the mend!!
Post a Comment