Thursday, August 18

A Day At GG Park

The Swensons played hookie from work and chores on Monday. Well, I should preface that with: we worked hard over the weekend to continue to clean/organize the house and complete projects. We were ready for an afternoon of fun.

One of the few things I told W I wanted  to do before baby comes was spend more time at GG Park. So, when he had Monday off, we decided to head into the city. My girlfriend, Stefany, had just recently told me about the children's play area and we were hoping to check it out.

We grabbed some lunch at my favorite sandwich shop and drove in. The weather was perfect and after parking, we found a spot on the grass to meal and play a little Frisbee. Can I just say here, that I've told W that we won't be doing a summer baby again {if we could help it}, but I would totally be pregnant during the summer if we lived in the city. It was the perfect temperature!
Afterward playing in the grass, we made our way over to the huge park area. I let the boys be boys while I snapped some pictures.
I loved that E totally fit into the crowd of kids with his long hair. We even saw a little one sportin' some dreads. But none of this came close to the joy E had over the wet sand pit. Since we weren't quite prepared for a water feature {read: no change of clothes or towel}, we stripped him down before letting him loose.
Seriously, loved every moment of it...squealing and shrieking in delight. Such a water kid! See that diaper? Completely full of sand and water by the end.
 We had to call it quits when the diaper broke and the insides started to leak out. After a quick change on the hood of the car and back into clothes, we ended the day with a carousal ride. 
 Such a wonderful day that totally hit the spot!

4 comments:

Stef said...

That looks like an awesome family day! And Mommy's tummy is completely adorable. Wish I looked that cute, pregnant.

Erin Stewart said...

So Fun! I 100% agree... It is GREAT being pregnant living in SF in the summer! I thought I was going to die in the MN heat on vacation... Even when I come to ptown for my doc appts I feel SO over heated! Looking good mama!!!

Tara said...

LOVE GG park!!!

And yay for squeezing in extra fun time before baby comes!!

Stefany said...

Such a perfect day out with the family.

We can't get enough of GGP.
And Lyss talks about that playground All.The.Time.