Wednesday, August 17

Date Night in Oakland

This past weekend, with our babysitters my parents back from a wild vacation, W planned a fun evening out in Oakland. Our church does several local community events and goes a group to them. When W heard they had discount tickets for "My Fair Lady" at the outdoor Westminster Amphitheater, he knew I'd love it. 

He also took me to a new restaurant. One of the perks of driving people around the area is discovering new places; the last being the Airplane Museum. This time W discovered an awesome awesome place: Homeroom. A restaurant with one simple concept: Mac and Cheese. And they do it well!!
Saying it was delicious is a understatement! I got the Gilroy gouda and W got the pesto basil. Both were straight out of heaven and we were both too stuffed for their homemade desserts. We're definitely coming back! Homeroom has only been open for 6 months and we got to learn the fun story behind the owners. I loved the giant chalkboard, whimsical light fixtures, and succulent plant wall, but really, they had me at the Mason jars.

After dinner, we joined the rest of the group and enjoyed a beautiful summer evening watching the musical, cozied up underneath a blanket . One of my favorite dates to date!

3 comments:

Tara said...

shut up. a restaurant dedicated to mac n cheese? ahhhh. a girl after my own heart.

loving the mason jars. my mini obsession lately.

so glad you guys were able to squeeze in another fun night before baby!

Stef said...

the mason jars! SO you, Jess. I love it. You're starting to sell me on the idea :)

Rachel would be a fan of that place. Mac n Cheese is her ultimate fave.

I miss you. The in person you. This being friends through websites and facebook thing, sucks.

Stefany said...

Totally putting this on our list...
I love a good mac and cheese, make it once a week here. Nothing like good quality comfort food.