One of the recent art activities that I've tried {from this book} with E is called "Clean Mush". The stuff is pretty awesome. Heck, I loved playing with it.
What You Need:
- 3 rolls of toilet paper {we used 1}
-1 bar of soap; shaved {we used 1/2 a bar}
- 1/3 c borax soap {we didn't use it this time}
-warm water
-tin pan to hold mush
Since it was the first time we were trying it, I cut the recipe by about a 3rd. I didn't know what to expect but didn't want to get too involved in case he wasn't for it.
Ezra and I unraveled the roll into the tin, added the shaved soap then mixed in the warm water. Then our hands went to work mushing it all up.
It felt so cool. Complete textile fun!! E tried to eat it a few times {since the absence of Borax} which may have deterred his fun. Seriously, when does the 'tasting' exploration stage stop?! Based on his expressions that stuff must just taste lovely. We mushed some of it into balls and did lots of squishing and squeezing....both hands and feet included.
The clean up wasn't too bad. The ground needed a good hosing off but most was contained in the tin. We'll be keeping this as an outdoor activity. I might add some food coloring next time, and since it's soap, E stayed nice and clean!
4 comments:
If you use blue food coloring and he's naked, he may turn in to a Smurf! FYI - dad saw this and said it was gross.
lol, i have to say im with your dad on this one... ;)
if you're looking for textile fun, come over!! we have a bucket that i call the textile bucket and it's filled with scarves, sponges, sandpaper blocks, different types of paintbrushes, play doh, cotton balls...any and all types of textures you can imagine. :)
at halloween, a GREAT textile activity is letting them play with the pumpkin guts. brady loves that!
you are a really good mom! i love how interactive and creative you are with ezra. your boys are very lucky!
you're such a cool Mom, Jess! My kids would LOVE doing something like this. I'll make Kara's day after we move and let her try this :)
That one pic in the middle looks like mashed potatoes!
You are awesome, thank you for sharing.
Looks like such a fun activity, messy, but tons of fun.
There is nothing better than textile fun at this age.
Summer camp is keeping us busy but once that's over, we'll be trying this. ; )
Post a Comment