Friday, July 22

34 Weeks & 12 Steps Behind

Yup, that's "large and in charge" for ya!

Cravings: Oh my word, I've re-discovered the deliciousness that are Costco muffins!! They are an amazing afternoon or post-dinner treat. Then it's just the normal: fruit, sweets, smoothies and coffee yogurt...yes!

A lady at church this past weekend asked how far along I was and then said, "But, you're so small?!" Seriously, thank you, kind woman!
Feeling: BIG, EXHAUSTED, and perhaps a bit hormonal. ;) I nap when Ezra does and that seems to help the 3pm wall I hit. And who knew someone could get up more than five times during the night to pee?! Lower back is also acting up again and this baby seriously never.stops.moving.ever. Is it possible to get bruised organs?!

Seriously Behind Life {Biggest Challenge}: Ok, I'm not even juggling two yet and already I'm so behind life. If you're not a tall, balding man or a pint-sized blondie, you've been given shortest stick I can offer. That means but not limited to: dishes, house work, tutoring, dogs, bills, cooking, paperwork, and sadly, friends. I've been horridly awful at getting back to e-mails, messages, texts, phone calls, and even missing planned events. {Ladies, you know who you are and again, I'm terribly sorry!} Between third tri exhaustion, my own laziness, and pregnancy mushy-brain, I'm surprised I haven't lost all friends. And what's worst is that I seriously despise flaky/unreliability...and that's just what I've become lately. Ugh.

So, with just over a month left {due date is 8.31} this Mama Bear is going into hibernation. :) Time to limit commitments and hunker down to the basics! We all cannot wait to meet this new little one and hold him in our arms. I get more and more excited when I wonder what he'll be like, look like and when he'll arrive.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I was actually gunna say the same thing--you look so small still! Luuuucky! ;)

Every.single.thing.you described in the last paragraph is exactly what I went thru, and still go thru from time to time. Being pregnant with kids already running around and have 2+ kids, close in age, is no joke. Seriously draining (but awesome of course).

I am terrified of how I will be able to be pg with TWO running around. I barely survived with having ONE running around and being pg!

But we won't be the firsts and we won't be the lasts!

Here's to a happy/relaxing last few wks for u!!

Stefany said...

Jess, you look incredible.
And, I swear you weren't this big Wednesday. ; )
You're tiny.
We can't wait to meet him too.

Stef said...

Jess, you look great. Great with child and great :)
Hey, at least you look pregnant in the FRONT and not in your butt, like I did with Ethan. My goodness, that was yukcy.
I cannot wait to meet your little Mr! Although with the foods you crave you totally seem like you're having a girl to me. Crazy...