Thursday, June 23

Just One of Those Weeks...

Where I was 'done' by 9am.

Starting my own pity party.

Fussy, unhappy, and general 'pushing of the buttons.'

Teething.

Canceling fun plans because neither of us could hack it.

But then...

New life was born.

A sweet treat: Ezra's regular check-up showed he's moved from below the 5th % to over the 13% in weight {still above 75th % in height}.

And I got this delightful Nordie's package on my doorstep:

How could I still be a gloomy gussie while wearing these cheerful pair?!

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
-Lamentation 3:22-23

Praying that I remember that His mercies never end and they are new EACH and EVERY morning whether that starts at the current 6:15 or the normal 7:15...and whether I've had a crappy night's sleep {how can I be uncomfortable already?!} or a well-rested one.

5 comments:

Erin Stewart said...

Love the shoes!!! So cute! We all have these days/weeks, just makes the next week look that much better! It's funny you say that about not sleeping now. Everyone says they sleep so much but I dont sleep (at night) much at all. I have not been able to get comfy since the beginning... Ready for a nap just thinking about it! Can't wait to see you TUESDAY!

Tara said...

ahhh!!! LOOOOVE!!! i need new toms, my two pairs have run their course! i didnt know nord's sold them?!

im sorry its been rough. if it makes you feel any better, its been rough here too. the terrible two's are in full force and more days than not i am ready to lose my mind.

and can we trade babies, for like a day? peyton weighs 20 pounds (yes, seriously, at freakin 4 months old!) and i am so sick of lugging around his huge self!! i am physically exhausted!! i would LOVE a lightweight!! lol!

ashlynjustin said...

What great news on E I so understand the low weight, G is 98 for height, but has been dropping weight percents since birth. The Dr says his weight can't catch up to his height lol. Love when pick me ups happen, its just up to us to see that they are there! xoxox from us

Kate said...

Jess! I totally forgot about your blog for a good chunk of time there, but it was fun reading and catching up just now. :)

Congrats on the new nephew! How did they finally pick the name? Such a cute picture.

I just bought myself my first pair of Toms too, at Whole Foods of all places.

Ezra is just getting cuter and cuter, I love the pictures and updates about his happenings and milestones.

Hope you're feeling well!

Stefany said...

I love my small babies but it is a bit of a relief once they jump up in percentile. Trey is definitely due, if he follows in his big sis' foot steps.
I'm sorry your week was so rough. I was bummed we didn;t get to play Wed but craft night was a blast, as always. ; )
Love the Toms too... I've been dying to get a pair myself... I'm hoping for my birthday, ; )