Tuesday, June 14

Big Boy Bed

Last week, W was done with work pretty early so we had some fun putting together a few of the last major components of E's room. One of which being: his bed! I was shying away from it and loving the idea of waiting until the last minute to switch him over, but W was all over it like white on rice. So we dove right in!
I put his comforter, a few pillows and stuffed animals on and sat back to have a "I'm totally a Mama" moment and "He's not a baby anymore" moment as well. E was really excited about it. We played in the room for awhile. He hopped on and off the bed several times. The fabric letters still need a home on the wall but I pulled them out just to see what they would look like.

He did great with the normal bedtime routine--only got up once and W walked and sung him back to bed.  Then he was out for the night. We sneaked back in several times before going to bed, just to check on him and laugh at his various positions. Although he getting older, it still seems like he's too young for a regular bed! Maybe it's because I know two-going-on-three year olds who are still in cribs?! Either way, he still looked so cute and precious!
He did such a great job! I had to put him back a few times in the morning, but he fell back to sleep. And naps were just a smooth. He was so excited in the morning, like he knew that he had done something great. It was really cute. I'm still in shock that my high maintenance babe was so go-with-the-flow. I think he's really chilled out as a toddler! Definitely digging that!

Eek! Final reveal of his entire room coming so soon, I promise. I'm sure ya'll are sick of reading about this redo by now. ;)

2 comments:

Tara said...

adorable, jess!

i am SO happy the transition went well! you need that break after the drama he put you through in the beginning! ;)

i dont think he is too young at all! we transitioned brady at 20 months and he didnt have a SINGLE issue. picture perfect transition. our pedi was saying she believes the earlier the transitions, the better babies/kids tend to do, because they dont know any better. the older they get, the smart they get, and the more they try to manipulate you to get what they want (AND the more set in their ways they are and dont welcome a change). makes sense?!

it is a TOTAL mama moment though. that whole "they're not a baby anymore" moment!!

i am LOVING that fabric on the comforter by the way!!

ashlynjustin said...

Jess hats off to you guys. Everything looks so amazing. I am so sad I missed you while being up there. I will be up again next month and G's bday in August I hope to see you guys one of those times. I just can't believe all these projects you guys have done. They make me drool LOL...