Thursday, May 5

Headed For The Coast

On our last day with the Swensons, Carolyn pulled out their giraffe pool before afternoon naps. It has been very warm down here so it was a huge hit even for pregnant toes!

All the kids loved the running water!

We added some pool toys

This inflatable pool was quite spacious but they all crowded around the watering hole: the giraffe's tail that spurted water.
And of course drank the hose water. What is it about running water and insatiable thirst?! I constantly offer water from a cup but he's just not as interested?! Sheesh!

After E was up from his nap, we loaded the car and headed onto the PCH. Truth be told, our original vacation was joining my mom at Pepperdine University. We just tacked on the extended weekend to see our cute family. Every year, my mom's church attends the Bible Lectures at PU. I've gone a few times before this: when I was a junior/senior and checking out colleges {Pepperdine was in my top #3} and again when I was at UCLA since I was already done here. It's basically a multi-day conference of speakers, lectures. etc. on Biblical topics. Plus, hello?!, you are in Malibu for cheap!! It doesn't get much better than that!!

We left before traffic, rolled onto campus, unpacked and got situated in the on-campus apartments in no time. Right before putting E down for the night, we took a family stroll around campus. 


Did I mention our apartment has an ocean view?! Um, could you imagine being a student and seeing the coast every.single.day? The whole campus gets a breath-taking view.

I might actually be persuaded to run if I could have this.

We're hoping for more beach, visiting some of my college friends who are still in the LA area, and just get in some more family time. G-ma is very excited to get her Ezra-fix while she is away and we're more than happy to oblige!

3 comments:

Tara said...

i LOVE pepperdine!! most gorgeous campus ever!! ahhh your pics make me miss malibu!! havent been since our dating days!!

Stefany said...

Oh how easily toddlers are amused. Measuring cups and collanders! <3
That track could motivate just about anyone.
My aunt and uncle live in Malibu and we had the pleasure of visiting last summer. Timmy and I love it down south so much we've even casually discussed moving there... I don't think we could take the kids away from their Papa, Nana and Godparents. : )

Stef said...

you guys and your traveling! I am so inspired by it. Jason and I are making a bucket list of places to go, things to do, next year - when finances allow it :)

You have the cutest maternity clothes Jess!