We are in Orange County visiting W's side of the family!
We left Friday morning and I must say that it was the most smoothest travels to date. I love traveling and am so happy that we've continued after starting to have kids. But, it's definitely not easy anymore. And E hasn't been the easiest traveler, especially in the car. So our car ride was pure amazing awesome-ness that I just must record. For starters, we ::gasp:: actually packed the night before!! Which helped a ton. I'm so much like my dad when it comes to traveling {Blessedly cursed, what can I say...} and like to stick to the planned schedule. So I was beyond excited that the car was completely ready to go come the morning of leaving.
Our AIS {ass in seat} time was set for 9am. Historically speaking, we rarely if ever meet that time, more so after having E. We did several errands, including dropping off some things at my parents. So our official leave time ended up being 8:35. History is the making here!
Somehow we timed it just right because shortly after
I didn't have to sing to him or hold his hand or anything. He just quietly nodded off to sleep. So lovely. After his nap, he did some of this.
At this point, we were about half way and needed a potty and coffee break. So we stopped for gas, Starbucks, and stretched our legs. Then it was back in the car for some of this.
And more of this.
Then some more play with his stacker cups and new doll. The last half hour was the worst for Mama but only because my bladder was going to explode. :) So we made it in less than 6 hours with only one stop. E was great. I didn't even have to pull out half of my tricks that I had packed in his bag. He truly entertained himself for most of the drive. Did I mention I love this stage?! It was so wonderful to arrive with plenty of sunlight left for play.
Loving the big backyard with plenty of toys to go around!
And cousins to host an impromptu dance party.
Plus floor space to build!
This trip has been so fun thus far!
2 comments:
what a relief!!
knock on wood, we have been blessed with two babies who love carseats and cars, but i cringe thinking back to our convos when E was a baby...i remember how he hated the car and would just cry the whole way getting somewhere.
i would DIE.
i am SO HAPPY he is over that! i am so happy for you!! i feel ya on the bladder thing...i remember when we went to disneyland in october and december...5 and 7 months pregnant...i am probably going to regret admitting this but i actually "snissed" on two occasions. you know, the good old "sneeze/piss" combo. lol. all bad. good thing matt agreed to marry me before all this pregnancy business. haha!
have a wonderful vacation!!
Aww you so close!! Wish we could see you guys!
Post a Comment