Monday, April 4

The Poll Is Closed

So the gender poll on the left-sided tool bar is officially closed! Hoot hoot! Looks like the majority are voting girl this time around. Last time, majority voted boy and were absolutely correct. As my mother always pipes, "Time will tell!" with this one. 

In fact, time will tell us TOMORROW! That's right, W & I are headed into the bladder torture test tomorrow afternoon during his lunch break. 

Here's our silly/fun game plan:
Go into ultrasound with index card with very short quiz for the technician...
Have technician seal answers in envelope. Pick E up from my parents. Give them the sacred envelope. Parents go out shopping for uber cute gender-specific outfit. Wrap that sucker up. Bring wrapped gift to our house just in time for us to head out to dinner and they put E down for the night. We have a delicious meal {yet to be decided, but I'm voting sushi} and open exciting gift while they're curled up on our sofa watching a movie...with my dad most likely fast asleep, snoring.
Perfect, yeah?

In other sibling news: we are ALMOST done with E's big boy bed. It would have been finished last night but we ran out of staples after upholstering the headboard. So the side-panels will have to wait for tonight. We've been chipping away at it a few hours a night...hence the limited posts last week. I normally throw together thoughtfully write my posts at night after E's in the bed. But here's a sneak peak to wet the ol' palette until tomorrow {hopefully!!}
It's been such a fun project to do with W & I've learned a ton!! More on that later...

8 comments:

Tara said...

eeeek!!! exciting times!!! cant wait to find out!!

also cant wait to see that finished bed!!

Megan said...

Yay!! I can't wait to see what it is!!

Erin Stewart said...

Love the idea!!!! See you this afternoon!

Tiffany said...

YOU ARE NUTS! That sounds like torture! I need to know then and there so I can see the evidence myself on the ultrasound, LOL! I'd feel pretty lucky if I were your parents though and I got to find out before you did!:)

I'll be stalking you waiting to hear the answer!!!

ashlynjustin said...

Can't wait!!So much fun!!

Stef said...

I think that's the perfect way to find out!! So fun. Plus, I always cry and i'd rather not cry in front of the tech again :)

Looking forward to hearing your news!!!

Stefany said...

I am so excited to see the finished bed! loving everything about it so far, based on what you've shared!
I expect a text about the gender as soon as you know! No way I can wait till Wednesday! ; )

Michelle Weiss said...

How exciting!! Are you going to let the rest of us know? :)