Thursday, February 24

Seating Available Here

Ezra now has his very own floor cushion!!

I used this Land-of-Nod inspired tutorial. And I conquered more firsts in my novice sewing adventure.
1) piping- not as intimidating to work with as I thought
2) sewing in a shape other than a rectangle...lost my cool at some parts, not gonna lie.
3) working with thicker fabric...which was so fun to shop for. A whole different section in the store!

Ezra has already discovered multiple uses for his new cushion.

Use it as a table...

As an educational tool for learning more animals...

Or for a quick head rest...


I think he likes it!
{Although he'll have to grow into it a bit more for sturdy sitting}

I really want to make some more! Maybe two more to make E a set of three? And baby-growing-in-my-belly should definitely get one. Although I'll have to wait until April to find out what kind of fabric I can chose from!

6 comments:

Erin Stewart said...

SO cute! It turned out PERFECT!!! Nice work :)

Edie said...

It is a good thing I had no idea what you were going to do with that fabric because I would have talked you out of it. This is really a HUGE accomplishment for someone to take on with simply an internet tutorial and little to no sewing experience or training....but once again your sense of adventure and diligence paid off. This is not an easy project, but it will be next time.
FABULOUS idea and perfect for your little space. And those are the CUTEST photos of my grandson, must have for his album.

Stefany said...

You are SO talented.
We definitely need to do a craft day so you can help this craft challenged girl out! ; )
It's so fun for the kids to have their own places to sit. Trey and Alyssa have their own bean bag chairs {PBT- I liked the size over PBK} and fold out sofa {PBK}. They love them!

Tara said...

shut up! i saw this tutorial on a blog when i was pregnant with brady and wanted so badly to make onem but never did (and i didnt have a sewing machine at that time either). i think these are so cool! great job! i am obsessed w that print!

Stef said...

You did such a great job, Jess! You're totally inspiring me. I wish I had started doing these creative things before I had 3 kids :)

The last picture of Ezra laying on it with a smile is super cute. I love it.

Kate said...

Just a quick note - that "head rest" photo is super super crazy cute. That is all. :)