Because our anniversary, E's birthday and Christmas are all within 2 weeks of each other, W & I decided to just stuff each other's stockings {speaking of which, I need to finish! eek!} for Christmas. We've gone pretty good in years past with both sweet, silly, and practical gifts. Here's what we've given in the years since we've known each other.
Dating Year: earrings & tickets to a Charlie Brown Musical
Wedding Year: Long pearl necklace {favorite!} & a laptop computer (major discount from our computer-geek friend)
1st Year: Anthro headband and purple Hobo wallet {fav#2} & much needed Clarks shoes, Firefly series on DVD {fav past tv show}, Serenity {tv show made into movie}
Last Year: cookbook holder with splash-guard & undies and the best adult footed with butt-flap pjs ever {his fav!}
So I'm on the hunt for fun & creative stuffers. I think I may have found some potentials...
Firefly buttons {his fav. tv show..that's been canceled for awhile} W says "Shiny" all.the.time.
And because Ezra will be ONE next month, this little customized cutie may just have to be an additional purchase!
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?!
7 comments:
stocking stuffers are aways so hard for me!
if you're looking for some ideas, over the years matt's stocking has consisted of these types of things...
*cigars
*aftershaves/mens moisturizers
*his fav candies/gums
*if he needs an inexpensive accessory to his ipod, iphone, etc. ill throw those in there...last year it was ear buds, the year before that it was a case.
*underwear
*personalized key chain
*golf balls
*golf tees
*money clip
*pocket knife
those are really the only things that are coming to mind right now...
we have started shopping, but mainly for brady. there were a few sales that i just couldnt pass up. and most recently... his "big" gift this year is a kitchen and the one i wanted (that was *way* out of our price range and we weren't going to be able to swing) went on sale two days ago for 50% off and free shipping! so i jumped on that!
i cant believe ezra is going to be ONE! that year went by so freakin fast! are you guys doing a party for him?
Very cute! Michael and I never do gifts for anniversaries or valentine's, etc. We always just go on a date, which I really like because it's hard to shop for one another. We do do small things for x mas and birthdays though.
I love all the small stuffers you have found so far. You are a good shopper!
Normally (every year in the past) I am completely done christmas shopping before black friday so that I never have to step foot in a christmas crowd and I can just sit back and enjoy the holiday. But this year I have to wait because we can really use the sale prices.. it's gonna suck, I'm not gonna lie!
OMG... I cant believe you two are thinking of Christmas shopping already! Steves Bday is Dec 1st and I have no idea what to do for him this year!!!
Thanks for the suggestions, Tara! I'm hoping this year to get a bit personalized since we're not doing 'big' gifts. And I love me some kiddo kitchens. Pretend play is one of my favorite stages!! We haven't really thought much about Ezra's birthday yet...but most likely it'll be something small for our small guy. :)
Tiff- normally we don't really do much either. i use to say we don't even do christmas gifts but when i thought about it for this post, i realized that we do. haha! normally it's just one or two things...one practical, one want. we don't really do much gifts either, we do cards for v-day & not much for bdays...i'd way prefer dates or getting away too!!
this year will def be an adventure for you!! although my mom was saying that stores are already starting to slash prices so hopefully you can avoid the mayhem... in years past, my mom & i have gone just to people watch...esp in SF... that's exhausting in and of itself! LOL!
erin- normally, i don't think this far in advance {sheepish grin}, but lately i've been tutoring up the wa-zoo & with Ezra now, getting out to get groceries is tough enough, let alone gift shopping. :) so i figured i'd try to relieve some stress, if i could.
us too:) we do a $30 max for x mas gifts for each other.... a book, a board game. That sort of thing:)
Yeah, this year will be interesting. I HATE CROWDED MALLS/STORES! LOL!
we're doing this for the 3rd year in a row and we LOVE it! I think you guys will too. We buy our kids one large item each and then they get plenty of gifts from Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles.
Your funny, creative gifts are cracking me up! I love it.
I knew you'd get them, Stef. ;) I was just waiting for you to comment. haha! I think we're going to do the one gift thing too for E!
Post a Comment