Tuesday, November 9

Died & Gone To Heaven

I realize I don't really mention how great MY family is as much as I do W's. I love them just as much, but the Swensons can be overwhelming {in a good way} and I do just loving being a part of that family. It's much like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Have you seen that? Well, my family is so the non-Greek husband's. Quieter, conservative in manners, and uber clean. They are just as great, but totally different. 

With that being said, I must add that my mom is very thoughtful, even in the little things. She's the mom who sent newspaper clippings with cute notes to me while at college. A few weeks ago, a mysterious Amazon.com box showed up on our door step; containing a great book that was right up my alley. She knows me so well. When she found out about a local flea market, she knew I would fall in love. And fall hard, I did. :)

The Paris Flea Market is only opened 4 days out of every month. During the other days, the ladies are on the look out for fabulous vintage finds. They sell everything from home decor, furniture, jewelry, vintage clothing and shoes, and various other knick-knacks. Many of the decor items are Olde Paris themed, but all of it is vintage or vintage-inspired. And very whimsical, girlie and sweet. LOVE.

When we hit up the warehouse 'shop', I found a few great things for cheap cheap cheap! 
A necklace and cake platter.

 A sweet tea party necklace. Some fab vintage black boots and a cute little vintage "Autumn" sign that I gave to my favorite baby girl's Mama. {not pictured}.
I love that the things they sell are one of a kind. They also feature artists and their homemade products {like the first necklace}. My favorite jewelry was there too, selling for half price. Needless to say, I'm already planning our visit for next month with whole new products. I'm hoping to walk out with some frames and furniture for downstairs!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

SO SO SO my style too Jess!!!! I'm finding more and more how many things we have in common:)

Tara said...

LOVINGGG that necklace!!!

someone was just recently telling me about the PFM! i totally forget who, but i was going to try to swing a trip next month as well! our new bedroom is very much a vintage french theme, so im hoping to find some good things to go in there!!

Stef said...

ah! love it, love it, love it!!! Cracks me up that W's family is like that movie. So is mine. Maybe that's why he and I have such a similar craziness and energy about us :)

What you wrote about your Mom made me cry... I'm missing my Mom so much these days. I hope she can come visit soon, but it may not be until January.
I actually told Jason yesterday, "having Jess Swenson around would take some of this yucky feeling in my heart away. We could run off for a girl's day and kick our worries to the sky!" :)

Erin Stewart said...

I want to go with you next time!!! Let me know!

p.s My mom loves you!!!

W and J said...

Tara- that was def the theme of most of the items there. wouldn't be surprised if you walked away with some goodies. i love the theme but i don't think i could convince W to do a whole bedroom in it. Lucky!!

Stef- you are too sweet & totally made my MONTH! :) We could *totally* make things better, together. I'm in desperate need of it too. Let's have a phone date ASAP. I need to blow of some steam and have some hardy laughs.

Erin- you are SO there next time!! :) and I *love* your sweet Mom too!!