Yes, I have a slight addiction. Confession is the first step. But I fulfill my hubby's wishes and refrain completely until the Thanksgiving feast is over. Then the flood gates of musical notes, bells, and comforting lyrics pour forth....pretty much non-stop.
Since W's got an iPhone now, we are pretty much listening to Pandora 24/7 around the house. I don't think there is one classic song of this fabulous holiday that I don't love. I also have a playlist mix that I've gathered on my iPod over the years that has some more modern takes. Some of my non-traditonal favorites of the moment...
Definitely a different take on the classical songs and not everyone who loves Jars will love this. But the sound is just so mellow and smooth...and thoughtful. "Hibernation Day"is a great place to start.
K, "Winter Song" by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson is just pure beauty even if a bit sad. It's the only song I bought off this album {although Colbie Caillat has a sweet song on there too.} And I could seriously listen to it over and over and over again. It's just melody perfection. Gives me chills every time.
Last year, amazon and itunes were giving away free music. The Christmas sampler from iTunes had a few gems in it that I was overjoyed to discover. One of which was Meaghan Smith's "It Snowed". So sweet. And her voice is butter. Pure butter.
Getting my full month's worth of Christmas music already!!
6 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas music. I'm a huge fan of the classic ones. I love Bing Crosby Christmas tunes the best! Funny thing is that my absolute favorite holiday songs are not classics, LOL! In this order:
1. Baby It's Cold Outside (ahhh, I could listen to that year round! I wish I knew all the words so I could rock that one!)
2. Santa Baby
3. Jingle Bell Rock (for some reason every time I hear this song, I become a pop singer myself! LOL! I'm not that bad if I do say so myself;))
Of course, I like the most classic versions of these tunes:)
William & I have decided to learn "Baby It's Cold Outside" this year so we can rock it if we ever karaoke at some point in our lives!!! But both LOVE that song. Haha!
It's not Christmas until you rock some Johnny Mathis and Andy Williams
That's a great idea!!! I'm too shy for karaoke, but I want to learn too;)
You've inspired me and now I'm dancing to Ray Charles and Betty Carter's 'Baby it's cold...' with Tatum and Chandler:):):)
I am JUST like William on this one. I don't allow the Christmas music played until Thanksgiving Day is
o-v-e-r :)
Then it gets played non-stop and we're doing the same thing, since we have the new iphones! Love Pandora on them for shizzle.
Thanks for the music recommendations! I was hoping to find some new 'Christian' stuff, so seeing the Jars on here is awesome!
Post a Comment