Now that our house is nice, clean and tidy, I've started to get my decoration on. First step: our little nook near the staircase last week...
I made the ornament wreath using this tutorial. I just loved the sass this gal used. And I used this as my color inspiration. I love love love how it turned out. So much so that I e-mailed three girlfriends the links and a picture of mine. I've already received a picture of one's finished beauty. I've also gone with my mom to pick out her ornaments; to go with her house's color scheme. You should make one too!! The best $15 I spent on decorations.
The apothecary jars, their contents and ribbons are from Michael's. I can't even begin to tell you about my huge crush on these jars. I know they've been around for some time and have been enthralled with every blog/picture that uses them. But I've just never had the guts to try them myself. Perhaps this is what guys feel like about a pretty girl they want to ask out. Really really want to, but just not sure if you can do it and work it.
Well, I took the chance and purchased two with some coupons. One is filled with cinnamon pine-cones, the other with some cheap bows {with the sticky stuff on the back} that were sold in a bag. I just picked out the colors I wanted...kind of like a diva and her m&ms colors.
The giant ornament is from Big Lots where I bought a few of the larger ornaments for my wreath. It's right next door to a Dollar Store where I got the rest of them. The skinny green tree is from Target.
More decorations to come!
Have you started Christmas-ifying your home yet?
Have you started Christmas-ifying your home yet?
6 comments:
That is one gorgeous wreath! I just may be making my own this year! Also, my Candy Corn wreath melted... guess it is a bit too hot in So Cal! hahahah
I love the wreath! Great job Martha!;) I have not started decorating yet. I need Michael to be home to help with the girls.... I can't wait for decorating with a little Christmas music and some hot coco!
BEAUTIFUL Jess!!! I love it. You're inspiring me to get some Christmas decor up...in baby-safe locations...which might be limited to high on the wall at this point. ;) What are your holiday plans? We gotta put something on the calendar to get together soon. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I saw E in person. Also, I had to get a new phone, and am in need of your # - I've had multiple times coming home from work where I've wanted to give you a call, but haven't had the # handy.
haha!! i made that exact wreath! diff colors and stuff, but same tutorial. i LOVEEE it!! yours looks gorgeous!!
we just got our tree and did all of our decorating yesterday...the house smells so good and its so magical. matt gets to put the lights on the house on his lunch break today. ;)
Looks amazing Jess!! I'm getting inspired!!
Jess, you do AMAZING Christmas decorations! And I'm so impressed with the prices! I was all discouraged the other day, because everything I saw at the stores were way too pricey. I can't justify spending that much for one month a year :(
I'm going to go to Michael's PRONTO and see what I can find. You've inspired me. Love it all!
I'm also going to attempt the wreath with Rachel. She loves Mommy/Daughter projects.
Post a Comment