Reason #838,478 why I can't live without my crock-pot:
Mulled Apple Cider
Mulled Apple Cider
{source}
Love this time of year & how much I can get away with using my heavily-trusted crock-pot. {I feel like I should name it, we're that close.} Who am I kidding?? I use this puppy year-round on a weekly basis, but this is definitely the season where everyone pulls theirs out. Here's the recipe I used this weekend for our night of pumpkin carving.
What You Need:
2 qts. bottled apple cider or juice {not unfiltered}
1/4 C packed light brown sugar
1 sq (8 in) double-thick cheesecloth
8 allspice berries
4 cinnamon sticks, broken into halves
12 whole cloves
1 large orange
Additional cinnamon sticks {optional}
What You Do:
1. Combine cider and sugar in crock-pot
2. Rinse cheesecloth; squeeze out water. Then wrap allspice and cinnamon halves in cheesecloth; tie securely with cotton string or strip of cheesecloth
3. Stick cloves randomly into orange; cut orange into quarters.
4. Place spice bag and orange quarters into cider mixture
5. Cover; cook on high for 2.5-3 hours
4. Once cooked, crock-pot can be turned to LOW to keep cider warm for up to 3 additional hours.
5. Serve cider with additional cinnamon sticks
Tip: To insert cloves into the orange, pierce orange skin with wooden skewer or ice pick.
{recipe from my awesome Costco find.}
After a yummy dinner, a blazing fire that W built, and some cider with cookies, it was business time. Seems each year we get more skilled and bold with our pumpkin carving. This year we not only upgraded pumpkin sizes, but templates as well. Compared to last year, we were yet again impressed with our-own-bad-selves. ;) Here's our beauties:
I did the owl and Linds did....can anyone guess?! :)
Time to go snack on some roasted seeds!!
{recipe from my awesome Costco find.}
After a yummy dinner, a blazing fire that W built, and some cider with cookies, it was business time. Seems each year we get more skilled and bold with our pumpkin carving. This year we not only upgraded pumpkin sizes, but templates as well. Compared to last year, we were yet again impressed with our-own-bad-selves. ;) Here's our beauties:
I did the owl and Linds did....can anyone guess?! :)
Time to go snack on some roasted seeds!!
4 comments:
That cider sounds yummy! Give that pot a name!;)
I'm pretty impressed with your bad ass selves too! Those pumpkins are awesome. Can't figure out who that is though, but I love it!
Since Michael hasn't had a day off in forever and we've had such a busy month, we haven't been to the pumpkin patch yet:( I'm planning on it this Friday though, and then carving on Saturday! I'm cramming a lot into this weekend:/ hopefully we fit it all in without wearing the kiddos out:)
is that seriously a sarah palin pumpkin?! lol!
that cider looks amazing! i actually have used my crock pot twice recently and am quite proud of myself. ;) i think that makes 5 whole times since we got it when we got married. lol.
i thought u were out of town this weekend?
Tiff- hope this weekend is amazing with all the fun stuff you have planned. :)
Tara- yup, sarah is it! haha! I'm *so* proud of your crock-potting too!!! And we skipped town saturday evening after E's afternoon nap & got back last night! It was a FULL weekend of fun stuff.
LMAO! I see it now!!! LOL!
Post a Comment