Monday, September 6

A Day Of Rest

After church on Sunday, we decided to relax and chill. My body was pretty dang exhausted from walking around the Scottish Games for 5 hours in the heat the previous day. Once Ezra woke up from his afternoon nap, we went to the park to enjoy the sun and mild weather. We found a shady space under some trees and laid out a blanket. Ezra played on his human play-structures.
Played with his toys...that being a large plastic bottle cap, the lid to his bottle, and the yellow one from this.
Watched the big kids skate, bike, skateboard, and drive by.
We tried to get a few family shoots which are increasingly difficult to take with a little bookie who is all over the place.
Mama tried to read and Papa tried to nap..but those didn't really happen.
Because this little guy had other ideas of exploration!
{That crazy white-blonde hair still throws me!!}

But we still loved the time together!
Ah, some much needed re-hydration after all that exercise!
Back at home, I fed, bathed and put little E down for bed. When I was done, I came down to a delicious meal made by my hubby. Unfortunately, based upon the way he cooks, there are no recipes to re-create. But that's fish, curry quinoa, and some balsamic asparagus with bacon! Oh, and a Mike's Hard in the background.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a fun day! I just love family time! I love that all my friends that I've reconnected with on FB are so much like me in the things in life we value and hold as the most important!

I know how you feel about those family pics! I don't think I even have one of the four of us yet, Grrrrr!

And that food looks AMAZING! Like maybe I'd stop being a vegetarian to try some, LOL!

Tara said...

ezra is such a little string bean!!

his wide blonde hair must be the swedish in william coming out! once W told me on fb that he was swedish the very first thing that came to my mind was that it definitely came out in ezra...the white hair, white skin and blue eyes!

Stef said...

Ezra is just looking like such a big boy these days, it amazes me! We saw you guys in June and he already looks WAY bigger. Sniff, sniff!

Um.... William can come cook for us ANY time he feels the urge to make a 15 hour drive up our way. Really. We'll even give him a bed to sleep on.