The burlier the better.
Don't wear make-up on a daily basis even though I do love the idea of it.
After a trip back East in high school, I always thought it would be
so cool to be Amish for like a month. Well, with the caveat that I could wear my own clothes. I could never do those Kapp head coverings!
far more than this does.
And we're still hoping that at least one of our children will be delivered at home.
"Birth of St. John the Baptist" by Artemisia Gentileschi
7 comments:
lol!! you guys crack.me.up.
we could not be more different, but im so glad we're friends anyway. :)
I think I wear makeup like once a month, LOL!:)
I love that VW, But I love my huge SUV too:)
I think I would die, if I was amish for a month!
And I think my worse fear is not making it to the hospital in time for delivery, LOL.
I think I would place myself somewhere in between you and Tara. I'm a little hippy. I love the laid back and earthy. And I want to save the planet, LOL! But I love hospitals and SUVs;)
LOL tiffany "i want to save the planet... but i love hospitals and suv's"
i think i just choked on my tea!! LOL!!
I love this post. I have always wanted a vw van. I miss my vw blue jetta! My parents had a vw bug when I was born and an 87 jetta that i was allowed to borrow in highschool. I am a vw girl. Remember my brown jetta? Ha! So on the Amish topic (remember I am from mn) they have Amish towns in mn. I am not kidding, we used to go when I was little. I always pictured myself there. Funny since I live downtown sf now. It always seemed like little house on the prairie ;) I can't tell if life would be more simple like that or now. I do hate yard work! Any-who be thankful you don't have to wear makeup everyday. Be even more thankful you dont have to wear a FULL suit and NYLONS! Yes, NYLONS everyday... The perk of being a sales manager :(
tiff- hee hee!! we do love hospitals too, especially when William passed out unexpectedly at church one Sunday morning! :( It was soooo scary! I did a post about it last August.
http://theswensonfamily.blogspot.com/2009/08/very-scary-sunday.html
erin- i SO DO remember that brown jetta! HA! and we've been to an amish village in indiana! it was so fun. they just seemed so peaceful to be me for some reason!
Tara- LMAO!
Jess- Oh no! I'll have to go in the archives and look :( Glad everything turned out fine!
I loved this post! The escalade vs. the VW van made me LOL!
My mom drove a VW van when I was younger, for about 8 years and it was such an awesome van! Never had to worry about the seats or flooring, since everything was washable.
I remember being so sad the day we had to say farewell to it and they brought home a brand new mini van. We were like "who asked Barbie to come?!" :)
I like the simple life for sure... so I did love this post :)
Post a Comment