Friday, August 20

Thai Chicken

One of the dishes we're really digging lately is a crock-pot version of Thai Chicken. It's super easy to make; you only throw 6 ingredient in the pot. I got the recipe from my awesome thrift store find, but you can get it here too. And we're pretty picky about our thai food so when we both loved this recipe, I knew it was a keeper!

What you'll need:

4 chicken breasts
3/4 C salsa (can use any that you like)
1/4 C peanut butter
2 T lime juice (I use lemon: we have a huge bottle of it)
1 t gingerroot

Served with:
Barley that's been cooked in chicken broth

Topped with:
Chopped nuts & cilantro (not pictured)

What you do:
Put chicken in crock pot
Then add rest of ingredients 
Cover & cook on low for 8-9 hours
Cook barley by following directions on back of package
Serve with sauce from pot, chicken on top of barley
Sprinkle with nuts & cilantro

5 comments:

Tara said...

this looks great!! im gunna have to dust off the old crock pot and whip this up! looks so simple and easy!

Tiffany said...

I'm a HUGE Thai food fan! You guys have the best Thai food restaurant up there, 'little home', I used to go there all the time in hight school and while I lived up there after. Now every time we visit the in laws I eat there like 10 times!.......Yummmmmm:)

W and J said...

Is this thai place in ptown?!? We're always up for trying new places with yummy food!

Tiffany said...

Yes, it's near to trader joe's in the same parking lot:) I love it:)

Stef said...

oooo, this looks amazing! I'm going to make it for tomorrow - thanks!