Stocking sewing project. That's what I've been working on besides reading my book-club book. Until...
One day it was 106 degrees and we were indoors almost all day. A natural consequence of that day was extreme cabin-fever. So the following day, Ezra and I went out for a few errands. One stop was Cost Plus Market to look at some rugs when an idea hit me. New throw pillows!! A girlfriend had mention that she had sewed some pillows before and I figured why not try. It's super easy.
I purchased four napkins and went home. I pinned and sewed three of the four corners together. Stuffed the pillow inside and sewed the last corner. Each napkin cost $2.99. So for $12 and some change, I updated our sofa. And when I get bored of this look, I'll just sew some new napkins together, cut some seams, and re-stuff! Viola!
9 comments:
Very good! So on your way to being perfectly domestic;P I wish I could sew.... maybe when the girls are older I can find some time to learn.
Tiff- you totally can do this!! i had absolutely *no* skills when I got married...I mean, I use to cook eggs in the microwave!
For sewing, I just found ladies I knew who could & spent a few days with them learning. I also took a class at JoAnn's. As I've grown, I've really learned the value of seeking out older women in my life who are skilled, wise, and willing to help a younger lady figure things out!! :) But it has gotten significantly harder with a little one around!!
nice job, girl!!
definitely a great way to save money! i just bought new throw pillows from pier 1 and i think 6 pillows later i spent around 75 bucks. nice money saver!!
I know, with two I can't find time for anything..... But I really would like to learn to sew. I'll have to take a class eventually.... I don't think I know anyone who knows how to sew other than my mother in law and she lives in p town...
tiff, next time you come into town, have jess show you some of her projects. she made all of ezras bedding (bumper, crib sheets, etc.) last summer and it looks amazing!
Great idea about the older, experienced women training the younger women....Proverbs 31!
Wow, Yeah, definitely:) I'd love to see:)
Oh gosh, I need new pillows so bad. I am totally going to copy your idea!
Jess, you totally impress me! You go girl.
I love the pillows and I loved the UP reference ;-)
Post a Comment