W got me my very first sewing machine recently and I've been spending the last few days getting to know it. I'm finding that last summer's big baby bedding project with my aunt has really taught me a lot. And the JoAnn's basic class I took a few summers ago with a friend. It's time to venture the hands-on part alone {with an overseer's help who goes by the name of Mom whom I've already called three times in the last 4 hours.}
Here's to getting into the holiday spirit early this year in case this turns into a project fail. I figure it's a project that is pretty simple and I can't mess up too much. Hopefully, these will turn into something fun & personal for the three of us. Using felt, these fabrics & trim:
Wish me luck!!
6 comments:
what are you making?? i tried to figure it out by looking at the supplies and im at a total loss. lol.
Good luck! I REALLY wish that I could sew!:)
Are you making stockings for the fireplace?
Yes!! At least I hope when I'm done they'll resemble stockings! ;)
nice guess, em! i would have NEVER guessed that!!
jess-make sure to post pics when you're done!
awesome Jess!! Wow... I'm totally inspired that you're doing this kind of stuff with an 8 month old around the house! I keep telling myself to try some sewing, maybe take a class or two, while the kids are young so I can teach them. Maybe posts like this will really inspire me into ACTION :)
Post a Comment