Our 3rd Annual Free Shakespeare in the Park!
This year was a bit more hectic than usual--probably because there's one extra person in our family. We decided at the last minute not to risk taking Ezra. He's kind of at the age where we're gambling a bit with how he'll do, if we're not on the move. And since we'd be quietly sitting still, we dropped him off at his grandparents before the show. The play was at a different park this year so I was bummed we couldn't walk to it. I also didn't plan ahead very well so we stopped at a grocery store for picnic goodies instead of making them.
So even though there were many changes to the past routine, it was still a great date night! The new park was great. There was a perfect view of the ridge and clean bathrooms. We had our picnic dinner with wine before the play started.
Some friends joined us
Intermission! It was such a clear night out that we were able to star-gaze awhile.
That night, we confirmed that we need to invest in some lawn chairs. Summertime is synonymous with outdoor activities and we just aren't as prepared for comfort as we should be. Now that we're getting old and all. :)
This was sort of our closing event for summer, although we're hoping to get in a few more weekend day trips. One of my favorite things in the whole wide world is honking geese as they fly by in a V. We saw many Vs that night. To me, it's the signal that fall is just around the corner: my hands-down favorite season. So as much as I'm still loving this summer, thoughts of fall are just starting to perk up in my mind. I'll probably be ready in a month, which makes for perfect timing! :)
This was sort of our closing event for summer, although we're hoping to get in a few more weekend day trips. One of my favorite things in the whole wide world is honking geese as they fly by in a V. We saw many Vs that night. To me, it's the signal that fall is just around the corner: my hands-down favorite season. So as much as I'm still loving this summer, thoughts of fall are just starting to perk up in my mind. I'll probably be ready in a month, which makes for perfect timing! :)

3 comments:
i dont why know why, but i cannot get into summer this year. i was into it for about a month, but am SO READY for fall and so incredibly over summer.
i am CRAVING crisp weather, scarves, boots, pumpkin treats, warm drinks, halloween and trick or treating with brady, thanksgiving...ahhhh, heavenly.
I'm the same as Tara. I cannot get into summer this year. I'm aching for fall and winter to get here.
Who knows... maybe as we get older this happens? :)
good to see you! love you girl!
Post a Comment