Ever feel like you are your own worst enemy? I felt like that last week. After just coming off an exhaustingly fun week of family and adventures, it was really hard to kick myself back into "normal" gear. Apathy and lethargy can be such obstacles sometimes. Even after giving myself some time to relax last week, I still avoided some important homework and cooking duties like they were the plague.
Exhibit A:
And there's still a load of whites & cloth diapers yet to do. I've had to move this pile many a few times so we could get into bed at night. I'd also been wearing the same shorts for like 3 days because I don't feel like taking the effort to figure another outfit out. Not to mention how desperately my house needs to be vacuumed & mopped. Or how we've haven't had a meal that I've already planned out in days. My excuse for the case of these blahs...oh, that's right, I don't have one.
Besides not having much motivation, I haven't been sleeping super well either. I think I've watched Hulu tv or a movie each night last week, which isn't like me. It's doesn't always refresh and relax me..it's more of an escape which doesn't really help the attitude. One of the reasons why we don't have cable. I spent a few days praying and thinking what could have triggered this inner frustration, but couldn't figure it out.
Thankfully after our Sunday night date, my attitude started to perk up. The past few nights, W has also intervened. Last night, we had a lovely family dinner at my parents' house. Two night ago, we listened to cheesy pop love songs on Pandora and drank wine while sitting in the spa. The night before that we just hung out & talked in bed. Guess sometimes you just need some help. I've all but regained most motivation. I tackled that pile last night with W's help. Maybe I'll even get dangerous and vacuum...eh, maybe tomorrow. :) But I hope to actually have dinner ready on time tonight. Wouldn't it be so nice to just snap your fingers to get out of those "I-feel-like-stale-bread" moments?
6 comments:
thats what spouses are for!! its all about teamwork. i would die if matt didnt volunteer to help with laundry, cooking, housework, etc.
it also helps not to put too much pressure on yourself. if the laundry or housework goes every once in a while, so be it.
everything cant be perfect 100% of the time.
Thanks, Tara! Yes, it is SO helpful that W is right here to help. Helping out is one of the strongest ways he shows love! But this wasn't really about housework or pressure to perform; more about how I've just been feeling a bit off lately which reflects in my actions (or lack there of!).
you could just put the clean laundry on the bed in the guest room....that could be your new closet??? I'm just saying.....
Ha! Get idea, Mom! I'll keep this in mind when I get the case of the blahs and no longer enjoy doing laundry--I'll just hide it!
maybe you're pregnant. ;)
that was my first clue this time around. i definitely just didnt feel right. very "off". just sayin... ;)
Perhaps.....but probably very very very unlikely! ;)
Post a Comment