This past week was our 3rd annual trip to the FAIR! Yippie! Last year, we took W's sister Ruth & her family and this year we took the Jenkins, who were in town visiting us. There were four things on my must-do list:
1. Funnel Cake...W & I fight over share a strawberry one every.single.year.
{check!}
2. See a friend's husband's photography entry of their adorable little son.
{uncheck}
I seriously looked at every single picture in that 4-H building but found it not. But I love seeing all the arts that people can create: paintings, quilts, photographs, and especially the theme table place settings!
3. The Ferris Wheel
{uncheck}
We just ran out of time. W & Tim needed to get back for a birthday celebration so our time was cut short. And I wasn't even sure if Ezra could join us or not.
4. Mutton Busting
{check!!}
Ok, this was seriously hands-down the best fair experience of the day! I read about it in our town's weekly newspaper so I knew I just had to see this. Kids under the age of 6 & weighing less than 60 pounds hold on for dear life for as long as they can on a sprinting sheep. It was pure madness. I'm really interested to know how parents knowingly signs up their kids for this. The top two winners were cute little girls. Hardcore.
We also saw the animals and it really made me want chickens so we can eat the eggs! If only we had a backyard!
So even though I didn't get to check off everything on my list, we still had a fabulous time. Since having Ezra, I've learned to celebrate if I get just one thing checked off. ;) We headed home to put the babes to bed. The girls enjoyed a quiet night at home while the guys headed out for the evening!

3 comments:
Thanks for looking, sorry you didn't find it! It was in that outdoor patio area for artwork near the gardens, animals, and livestock...
Oh, I love the Alameda Fair!! Jason and I first hung out there when we were just two little kids, annoying each other :-)
These pictures are super fun! I LOVE the one of the guys with the Ergos on their backs :)
fun fun fun!!!
i looove me some funnel cakes!
Post a Comment