Tuesday, June 29

Our 1st Big Purchase

We made our first big purchase in the baby/kiddo department last night. W & I both fell in love with Phil & Teds last summer when some friends joined us in the city . The Reeves family introduced us to the P+T stroller and we were hooked...but not with the price. During this year, we've continuously checked craigslist, put it on our gift wish lists, and waited...waited...waited. We had a few bites on craigslist, even one in Seattle. But the story was always the same: we had to get in line with everyone else. These babies go fast.

Welp, last night I found a fabulous deal of 20% off all products at this baby website using the code 20off. Phil & Teds strollers don't go on sale. Even on craigslist, they sell fairly close to new product price even with years of wear. It just indicates people's willingness to pay and the quality of the product. The value is in the design. There are multiple kiddo configurations with this stroller. It's a space saver...and with a small townhouse & little car {the chicco travel system doesn't fit in my trunk!}, this is a must! I was so pleasantly surprised to also get free shipping & no tax with the purchase too. So although there is definitely some sticker shock with the price, we know it's worth it.

Now I have to put my feet where my mouth is and actually start running again. Eek! And, area rugs will have to wait. Here's what our new P+T Navy Sport looks like:

6 comments:

Tara said...

lol, you guys crack me up w/your love of this stroller! glad you finally got what you've been wanting!

and i am shocked the chicco system doesnt fit in your car!

Jon and Amy said...

so...when are you going to bump E up to the main seat and fill the lower seat with a new little one? ;)

Love,
A

ps. the stroller is awesome - I'm looking for a jogging stroller for Jon. Does this one work for jogging?

W and J said...

Ams- Yes!! It is a jogger & all terrain! I'm hoping to actually start jogging again...we'll see. And well, funny you should ask about #2.... ;) We're already talking but haven't figured out when. It'll probably be closer to his 1 yr bday. E's sweet disposition isn't helping with the wait...and that I miss that newborn smell! What about you guys!!?!? ;) I'm sure Abby is *dying* for a sibling!

W and J said...

Tara- yeah, we tried out one of our friends' stroller, hoping we could register for it. We really liked it, but try as William might, it just wouldn't fit!

Jill said...

We got our fabulous Quinny Zapp at Albee Baby, too. Love that site! Love the stroller, too. If you are ever looking for a small stroller that fits EVERYWHERE, the Zapp is for you!

Jon and Amy said...

:) ahh Jess, I miss being able to chat with you in person...

All I can say is if I wasn't working (and still bfeeding enough to prevent it anyways), we'd be working on #2 already. We've talked about it multiple times. We have the same problem with Abby's easy disposition. :) That and every day I'm at work, I work with moms through their labor and then hold itty bitty newborns and it fuels the fire ;) ... Instead we'll try to time it for right about when my time at my current job is up. We're both ready and waiting for that day. Then the plan is for me to stay home full-time with kiddos, something both Jon and I are excited about. Gotta make it about a year and a half more though... :P

You'll have to let me know how you like the stroller. If it's a good one, maybe I'll get it for Jon a little closer to the time when we might be able to use it for 2. :) I also like the Albee baby site. It's where we got Abby's Britax carseat for when she outgrows her infant seat.