Friday, April 9

Monterey Bay Aquarium

What with W's Easter break and starting up his second-to-last quarter and taking the only fast working computer with all our uploaded pictures, I have simply neglected our blog postings a bit. To be honest, it's been really nice not spending as much time on the computer. I'm amazed by how much I'm able to get done around the house or how nice it is to simply relax on the sofa, reading our book of the month. Anyway, I digress....here's what we did during W's break...
 Our first family vacation! First stop was the aquarium. I haven't been in years while W & E have never been. It's a lot bigger than I remember. And even though it was the middle of the week, there were a ton of people. The seahorse & jellyfish exhibits were my favorite. Did you know that in some species, male seahorses are the ones to give birth?! Could you imagine? :)
So amazingly awesome that we get the chance to see some of God's most creative & intriguing work!

Ezra did really well during the day! He loved being faced out in his wrap which was the first time we tried it.We only had a rough time during part of the car rides to & fro...go figure. And we had a minor melt down before bed {at a Thai Restaurant...um, we'll take our food to-go, please!}, but he slept very well in his pack-n-play. It's definitely more stressful traveling with a youngster {especially one who hates his car seat}, but we were a great team & still really enjoyed it. It was good to start local just to try it out first. Oh, and it's really hard not to buy things for him {now that I know he's a boy & all}, but I was very good...our first day anyway. He doesn't need anything. All things baby really require a lot more self-control!!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

teach me your ways. i have absolutely no self control when it comes to brady. but i have TONS of self control when it comes to myself. how does that work?! i just spent both my nordstrom gift cards i got for christmas on brady. oy vey.

W and J said...

Haha! :) Well for what it's worth, I wasn't very controlled the following day! ;) It's so easy for me to say, "Well, it's just $___. And it's soooo cute!" Here are some of the strategies I try:
1) think about how much $ we don't have
2) think about how much storage we don't have
3) think about how quickly he'll grow out of it & doesn't really need it...he just a content happy baby & doesn't know about it
4)think about the loving & wonderful grandparents that i shouldn't deprive of getting to spoil him
4) when all personal persuasion fails, i look to William. he's my great logical & money-saver advocate. thankfully, he can gently talk me out of most things...sigh, my hero!! :)

Stef said...

Jess, you look absolutely fabulous!!