Friday, November 27

38 Weeks

And still pregnant! :) Fingers and face are starting to get puffy now which isn't fun. This week's midwife & OB visits had me at 50% effaced, 0 dilation & Baby at -2 station. Our OB informed us that the head is already through the pelvic area so that test has already past smoothly!! One appt. baby Swen had his/her back at my back & the other appt with back against my front. I really really hope the latter happens during labor-- makes it a bit easier!

I have started to notice some contractions now, but still have a hard time differing them from Baby's movements. I still have to feel my whole belly to make sure all of it is hard. So even though baby Swenson dropped last week, I still think we'll go past our due date. Seems like Baby Swenson is more ready to come out than my body is...bummer. Mentally, I'm *so* ready to meet this little one!! We finally got the car-seat in (with no other room for anyone or anything else)!! There's a bassinet in our room and a basket loaded with diapers, wipes, burp clothes, changing mats and butt cream. Our birth kit box is already opened & in our room. We put together slow & fast labor playlists on the good ol' ipod. And we have one water-resistant sheet on our bed for a "just in case" membrane leakage. I'd still like to read a few more books, but I'm not stressing if it doesn't get done. Thankfully, I'm not really stressing at all... I feel pretty calm although not truly confident/ready (then again, who can with #1??)

We're just ready to have all 3 family members finally meet!! ;)

3 comments:

Tara said...

the homestretch! im so curious to see when and how you go into labor! i was looking at your ticker the other day, the day you turned 38 weeks, and it was so weird to see cuz i went into labor with brady at 38 weeks. nostalgia... :)

W and J said...

I'm SO curious too! And I remember you telling me that & was secretly hoping I would do the same by now! ;) I'm trying really hard not to whine because I've had it SO easy & we've has been SO healthy! :D And many of our friends recently went really late too... patience is a virtue, right?!? ;)

Tara said...

if you're uncomfortable or eager, you could always try the old wives tales-vigorous walking, spicy food, hanky panky...you know. ;)

if you own an exercise ball, i have THREE friends who all went into labor after spending a day or two bouncing, circling their hips, etc. on one of those balls. they would do it while folding laundry, watching tv, on the computer, etc. and each one went into labor like 12 hours later! could be a coincidence or maybe it does actually work. worth a try if you're desperate... :)