My body is starting to feel very pregnant and I'm HUGE. I have very few of my favorite shirts that go all the way over my basketball belly. And I'm so over having to empty my bladder every 5-8 minutes (NOT exaggerating!) W has also kindly suggested helping me shave my legs so he doesn't get prickly, hairy legs brushing up against his. I've also started to battle more exhaustion & fatigue lately.
However, I can honestly say that I'm not quite at "get this baby out of me", but I can sense that these haunting thoughts are making their way to the forefront of my mind. With some more fun things planned this month, I'm okay to be status quo for a little while longer. I'm so thankful W & I have been staying quite busy. My ideal would be to stay that way in the hopes that I can just avoid the whole waiting period all together.
My excellent and practical parents have been very good to us too. They are already asking questions we don't have the answers to, nor have really thought about. I'm hoping these will help us prepare more of the details, like getting the car seat installed (might be a good idea to do). We must still be denial since we have some very important prep work left to do & haven't shown signs of starting these projects. Umm, we definitely have our work cut out for us before Baby S arrives.
7 comments:
you are so adorable! Good luck with the last minute details!
some things my ob suggested to do at 36 weeks were the following:
*install the carseat
*pack the hospital bag (i know you are planning home birth but JUST IN CASE something happens that should send you to the hospital, you want to be prepared. how horrible it would be to be in the hospital with nothing) :)
*make sure you have some lanolin cream on hand for your nipples since you are bfing. i had to started using it on day two and you will soon find out why. this is a MUST HAVE.
*make sure you have essentials at the house for your post partum recovery: pads, witch hazel, a spray bottle, tucks pads...before i knew i would for sure be having a C, i did some research on what i may need for recovery after a vaginal birth.
*cook and freeze meals (or buy a bunch of frozen meals)-make sure your house is stocked with food. between the meals people brought us and the meals i had cooked and frozen, i didnt have to cook for a good 3 weeks after we had brady.
i would also have some mylicon on hand in case you have a gassy baby. its pretty common. brady was QUITE gassy in the beginning and needed mylicon from 2 weeks till about 2 months.
and obviously the essentials for baby...diapers, wipes, onesies...you know. :)
let me know if you need any last minute help!
i'm still saying boy. i am going to go hide under a rock if i am wrong, but i had two friends recently have boys and i just looked at their 36-38 week pics (along with my 38 week pic) and you are carrying identical to how we all did. :)
Lookin' great, Jess! I think you have such a great, positive attitude as well, which will do wonders in Labor and delivery. Praying for you!
Oh my gosh..you are way more together than we were. We didn't know what we were doing. I was wallpapering the room 2 days before birth....plus many other things that should have been done before birth....it is happening whether you are ready or not...just hang on tight, you're in for a bumpy ride....there is absolutely NO WAY to be fully prepared. Each time is unique. Listen to what others say, but take a deep breath and me ready for anything.
omg your mom is RIGHT ON when she says "take a deep breath and be ready for anything."
wow. that is THE best way i have heard having a baby described. so very true. very good advice grandma! :)
You got some great advice!! You look gorgeous, and enjoy this last bit of time before everything changes! (For the better, of course!!)
Thanks, guys!!! :D Tara, thank you so much for the list as well!! I've heard of most of them except the mylicon (will definitely pick some up!). Now I just the need to get on the ball about doing the rest of these! ;) I'm curious....what did you guys do about your dogs?? We are going to pack a bag & hopefully figure out what to do with the dogs as a "just in case"...
Post a Comment