Monday, October 26

Meet The Germans

So for the past week and a half we've had some awesome people staying with us. Meet Matthias & Anne Nitsch...(wearing American sunglasses we lent them)They are visiting from Heidelberg, Germany. Our high school ministry went to Heidelberg earlier this year, and some friends of ours met these two wonderful people. So when the Nitschs needed to come to an English speaking country for school & wanted to intern at a church, they came to our city. Our friends asked us if we could host them until the end of October & we jumped at the chance!! We love having our guest room occupied & knew we could fit in some guests before little Swenson arrived! Matthias & Anne will be here for 5 and 1/2 months so they'll get to meet our little one too!

It's been *such* a blessing having them! We've had some awesome late night conversations about life, Christ, history, marriage, cultures, etc-- you name it, we've covered it. And it's been fun to introduce each other to new things. I couldn't let them not experience this, this, this, and to make sure someone brought them here. And they are huge fans of this cereal. They, in turn, made sure we saw this--which is quite addictive and has reoccurring references in our talks.

It's really cool how Christ is a constant thread & how He binds people from all different walks of life. We're really looking forward to experiencing a German meal & W is excited about trying the German beer. And of course, continuing to share lots of laughs and good company!! :)

4 comments:

Stef said...

I love that you guys are doing this! (and I Love that you took them to In and Out) made me laugh out loud :)

Its always amazing, refreshing and exciting to me, when I go to far away places and still find brothers and sisters in Christ to fellowship with! Its one of the reasons Jason and I were so excited about this move - to continue meeting new people; saved and unsaved and to share the gospel with new friends. Its good not to become complacent and I think moving yourself around and putting yourself out there is a good way to keep that from happening.

Tara said...

how fun! i am german (my grandparents were immigrants from germany), so i am jealous of you getting to experience german food and culture! thats awesome!

kirsten said...

how cool! I love getting to know and spend time with people from other cultures. Growing up, our family had foreign exchange students live with us often, I think its a great experience and we hope our kids will get to experience it some day.

jillyco said...

Fun! I didn't know you guys were doing this! And I, like Stef, love it that you took them to In N Out!