Yup. It's true. Today, I was officially pink-slipped (yes, it's a verb now). I received a notice last year, but, of course, this year it's much more doom and gloom within our whole country. And the education arena is no exception. Even the numbers at our site are low, so my actual spot won't be there next year regardless of the budget. So I have no clue where to go from here. I've been so thankful to stay at the same site in the same grade (quite unheard of for beginning teachers). Sadly, I'll be packing up my stuff come June and hope for the best. W and I have been praying for direction because I'm really uncertain about my next course of action. But we know that God is good, in control, and faithful...so... we'll see what happens!
Monday, March 9
I've Been Served.
Yup. It's true. Today, I was officially pink-slipped (yes, it's a verb now). I received a notice last year, but, of course, this year it's much more doom and gloom within our whole country. And the education arena is no exception. Even the numbers at our site are low, so my actual spot won't be there next year regardless of the budget. So I have no clue where to go from here. I've been so thankful to stay at the same site in the same grade (quite unheard of for beginning teachers). Sadly, I'll be packing up my stuff come June and hope for the best. W and I have been praying for direction because I'm really uncertain about my next course of action. But we know that God is good, in control, and faithful...so... we'll see what happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
The mean world is mistreating my sweet little baby?
I don't know what will happen, but I know it's going to be good!
That door you hear slamming......might be the window opening up.
XXOO Mom
I am so sorry to hear this. I wish I could say this year that my district was hiring so that you could try to get a job down here. (I know it would be a drive, but a job is a job.) I will be thinking good thoughts for you. Though you are amazing and I'm sure a new door will open for you.
aw jess i am SO SORRY.
easier said that done, but i truly believe, when God closes one door, he opens another.
ill keep u in my prayers.
I'm sorry to hear about the layoff. :( My Mom works at a school in Discovery Bay and she was laid off in December and then re-hired in February. Can you apply at other schools? Either way, I'll be praying that God would make His direction and path for you very clear.
Father,
Please help us to honor you in our search. Strengthen and encourage Jessica in this uncertain time. Help William be a strong encourager, husband and friend.
Your will be done.
Your will be done.
Amen
you are blessed with such a good husband.
Post a Comment