I love being a Swenson. It means that I'm a part of a huge, loud, kooky, lovable family that is in each other's business. It means that I am swallowed up with jokes, visits, hugs & kisses. I'm also an instant aunt to 11 nieces & nephews. And I no longer have a long, hard to pronounce last name of Arterburn (Ar-ter-b...as in boy-urn...I have my system down). See Wesley, we did fix that! I love my side of the family dearly as well, but it has been exciting to get to know my new family & its name. As a bridal shower gift, my mom gave us this awesome block S. My mom has a wonderful talent of gift-giving. She is all about excellent taste & presentation.
She's the one who came up with the idea. Yes, mom, I give the credit to you! :) Our "S" collection has grown bit by bit since then. I even added a fun art piece for a back drop, as I pretend I can paint.... The two small "s"s we found in Morro Bay- both for $1 & I painted one of them purple..I didn't like the boring white. Over the weekend I put a little display together. Our house has Swenson pride :)
6 comments:
this is awesome! I've just started collecting A's to place around our house, after my sister gave us the coolest big A with a Bible verse written on it. I should take a picture sometime and post it. Its awesome. Anyway... love what you said about your in-laws! You have a fabulous attitude about joining a family! I have known my in-laws for 14 years and so I thought I Knew pretty much everything about them... but I've learned so much more since marrying into the family. I adore seeing them as Grandparents and seeing the joy and delight our kids bring to them. Its a whole new relationship, but its SO fun and I adore learning all the new things.
Your mom has great taste!
I'd love to see the A & would love to know where she got it. Do they have any "S"s by chance?? :)
i LOVE it! i need some 'o' stuff for our house. i have been looking for the perfect 'o' but have not found one i like anywhere. when your friend tells you where she got the letter with the bible verse, let me know....id love to get one too!!
your mom has fabulous taste, i was admiring that block when we were over for dinner!
Tara-
Check out Pottery Barn Kids...
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/sw053/index.cfm?clg=59&bnrid=3580101&cm_ven=Nextag&cm_cat=Shopping&cm_pla=Home%20page&cm_ite=Datafeed&flash=on&cm_ref=http%3A//www.nextag.com/wall-letters/search-html
Neat! My maiden name initial is the same as my married initial! :)
What a great idea!
Post a Comment