I found this sweet idea from a random blog that I came upon (and can't find since, so can't give full credit to!) It's between two distant friends who take photos as means to stay connected (& build their art form, I guess). Well, I shared with William & he thought it was such a sweet idea that we should try! We are typically in two completely different atmospheres during any given day. Me: same classroom, multiple children, constant questions & noise, limited adult interaction, followed by driving around doing some chores & keeping busy on projects I create for myself. Him: up even before the butt-crack of dawn, driving everywhere in the Bay Area & sometimes farther than that, fighting morning traffic and/or bad drivers, interesting conversations with traveling business people or vacationers, & stopping at multiple places for car or human fuel.
So in an attempt*** to collide those together because we care about what the other is doing, seeing, feeling, etc, we are exploring our artistic side through photography. Plus we get to learn more about each other's perspective! Here are the ground rules:
1. Each week we have a theme to capture--the theme is loose enough for various interpretations & such
2. We take various photos of this theme during the week--one camera handed off between each person
3. Select our favorites to start sharing by Saturday of that theme's week--we'll see if Saturday works, day may change
4. Make our personal comments, analysis & interpretation on the theme--I'm so excited to learn more about what goes on in William's analytical mind. He has a way with words that I admire! :)
We'll see how it goes. :) Our selected theme for Week One is: Circle. Good luck participants & let the clicking begin!
***And please remember that we're complete novices (I've never even taken a class) nor do we have fancy programs like Photoshop. This is the raw, unaltered deal here, folks.
2 comments:
wow, that does sound very challenging! im looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with! fun idea!
Interesting idea! I look forward to seeing how this goes for you guys!
Post a Comment