Saturday, July 26

The Letter V...

is our week 2 theme. A little strange, huh? Well, we thought it was one of the obscure letters & would prove to be more of a hunt. 

The letter "V" makes me think: vibrant, vivacious, and vivid. During writing, I'm always telling my students to use VIVID details in their pieces. The letter reminds me of the 5 natural senses: touch, taste, hear, see, and smell. Those small details that we never really notice... much like the letter itself. It's colorful, textured, loud (vroom of a speeding car), and angular. It's also the peace symbol that many people (particularly famous celebrities) overuse or the silly bunny ears that kids use while taking a picture. And sometimes so dang annoying when making up elementary alphabet words... V is for volcano, vegetable, vest or van. I will steer clear of Venus, Vendetta or other suggestive monologues**. :) Pictures to follow...

-J



**Although, when I saw the Colorado College performance, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

3 comments:

Edie said...

Well, integrity should not be negotiable. And of course your faith should not be negotiable. But most everything else is negotiable. And what about "what's the worse thing that could happen?". If he had said no, you were going to buy it anyway. If he says no, it's not personal...it's business.

Love the great time we had today!

Tara said...

oooo cant wait to see what you guys find for this one!

Stef said...

Me too! I'm anxious to see what cool finds you post on here.