Saturday, July 26

Might As Well Ask, You Never Know

Both William and my dad are pretty good about this. Today, I tried it. When shopping with my parents all over the East Bay for a furniture piece that will go in their new office, I found another great "S" to add to our collection. We were (thankfully!) at our last stop:  California Living in Danville. I went to the counter to purchase my "S" block when impulsively I said to the man, "I wouldn't be hurt if you gave me a discount." It was a fairly pricey piece so I thought What the heck? Why not? The man simply replied, "Oh really, you wouldn't? Well, OK. Let me see what we can do." I was completely shocked. 20% off later, I walked outside with a grin & a new "S". Pretty great, huh?! As my mom always says, "Everything is negotiable." I think I'll keep trying it.

1 comment:

Tara said...

niiiiiiice! you go girl!