Saturday, July 5

How Bad Do You Want It?

Here's me right when I got into line for it...

Can you find me? I'm the last one. My friend, AV, and I went to the Danville Parade yesterday for the morning. We arrived & barely found a parking spot a good walk away. We then wanted our Starbucks so we waited in line for 1 Hour! 30 minutes to order & another to make it. Apparently, we wanted it pretty badly. I've never waited that long for an caffeinated beverage, nor do I think it'll happen again. I'm a pretty impatient gal, but we were just chatting it up in line.

Can you believe it? Would you wait that long?! I've heard that they're closing 600 stores, but that's not because people don't want their Starbucks. It's because people pick one store & don't go to the one across the street: over-saturation of the market. Classic economics.

The Parade was fun, very similar to Pleasanton's. I went to hang out with AV & enjoy some good people-watching. A great time had by all... even the very first hour there!

4 comments:

jillyco said...

Wow Jess! I hope that coffee was REALLY good! ;-) Starbucks is a cultural icon; the coffee just tastes better out of that Starbuck cup.

Have a happy Saturday!

Annie said...

Miss Jessica! So glad I made it on the blog:) When did I become AV though?

W and J said...

Annie-

AV -- initials since it's the internet...just to keep things slightly safe. :) I've seen other bloggers do it to keep identities. Glad to see you checking it out :D hahaa!

Tara said...

that is INSANE!!! never in my life have i seen a starbucks line that bad!!!! i lived in downtown danville for 2 years and worked there for 5, and NEVER saw that store THAT packed!

not too sure i would wait that long either, but then again, i MUST have my coffee in the morning, so you never know! ;)