Monday, July 21
A Few of My Favorite Things
Nesting: the need to make the house a home. :) I read a recent article about how decorating a home should be a long process-- one that takes time, patience & do-diligence. If not, then it will just be a department store moved in--pure commercial without that personal touch. It was such a good reminder to me that I shouldn't be in a rush to have everything right now. Plus the hunt is half the fun & when I find that great addition for a great price, it's fabulous! I love our home & what we've done so far. I especially love much of my grandmother's contributions. I inherited great pieces. When we had her over back in the spring once we pieced our home together, she was so elated to see her things being used & how different we worked with them than when they were hers. Here are some of my favorites:





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aaaah! I do love the clock. I'm a huge fan of lighthouses, boats and anything on the ocean, so that was a huge winner for me. Its all very nice. I love decoration and re-arranging things as well. You're right about taking your time - it will pay off in the end and look better. Plus, you tend to save a lot more. :)
That white lamp looks just like a lamp MY grandma had! I don't know what happened to it though. I like the clock too!
Post a Comment