Friday, September 6

The Story About Ping // Pt. 1

Here's a little of what we did while rowing Ping this week...

So far, E has worked on numbers, the letter D, and sewing and tracing for fine motor skills--in addition to reading our book. We're going on our first "field trip" this afternoon to...to observe and feed the ducks with friends who are also sticking to our program/schedule.

{sequencing}

He's randomly picked up on recognizing numbers 1-5 and 8 {which may have something to do with helping me press numbers around town.} Glad to know I wouldn't have to formally cover those.

{numbers; counting, recognition, sequencing, etc}
Next week, we'll be covering science {buoyancy, animal kingdom}, social studies {China geography and culture} and art.

Normally, the stories are covered in a week, but we're starting out with two. And I have yet to figure out what to do with T while we school. Both days he's completely torn apart investigated our game drawer. Which we all clean up afterward. He's just not one to sit down and get into an activity for very long yet. At least I figured out to school during Vesper's nap so I just have two to look after. Baby steps to figuring out the details of this journey. 

I have noticed that this month has been so much easier on me. We've had many more "good" days than other. I may have adjusted to the new normal and expectations are more in check. And everybody is just a little bit older too. My mama mojo is fully returning, finally. ;) Yay!

1 comment:

tara said...

it's amazing what they pick up on their own from either normal every day life, tv shows, friends, etc. both brady and peyton learned to count to 20, all letters, most numbers, and shapes with ZERO help from me. like literally NONE. they only thing they seemed to need help or teaching with was colors. it blew my mind.