We "started" preK this week. I use that term loosely only because we have yet to dive into the reading part. PreK is really nice like that. So is homeschooling.
We'll be working our way through this curriculum. And start by "rowing" the book The Story About Ping. Very similar to unit studies. I made a make-shift homeschool corner...because there really isn't a corner left in our small space. There's a world map that we got in a random mailer, the ping duck to place in China {where the story takes place}, and a few 'artifacts' that I scrounged up. Hoping my planning will get better in time?! ;) And our dining area chalkboard will work perfectly for scripture memorization and reading highlights.
Today's agenda includes PE {gymnastics} and play at Castlewood. :) Which works out great because this morning was a rough one. Here's to an adventurous year-- taking the good and challenging in stride.


3 comments:
So exciting!
Where's the photo in front of the front door? you need that to mark his growth too. XXOO
supermom!
Post a Comment