Tuesday, August 6

On the Lake


Saturday morning was spent in bed and having a lazy breakfast out on the porch. We were visited by a little caterpillar that dropped down right on W's plate.

I really wanted to go out on the lake, but since we had Vesper, it limited our options just a bit. We packed up our lunch and found a boat rental place. We snagged a paddle boat, loaded us and our stuff and paddled out onto the lake.
The weather was perfect for sunning and having a picnic lunch. We relaxed while Vesper napped in the wrap. The water looked so inviting. I kept telling W that I was going to jump in. I kinda have this fear about water you can't see well in. It freaks me out a little bit. I probably spent the next 10 minutes talking about how I really wanted to go, but was too scared. I finally just went for it and nothing got me. ;)

W went in after V woke up and we were both cooled down for the rest of our time out. It was so so so relaxing.

Afterward, we headed home for naps, a little happy hour, and prepping for the wedding. 

1 comment:

. said...

haha! im the SAME way with water! i always worry about something getting me, and i hyperventilate the entire time. lol.

in hawaii, on our of our last days, matt FINALLY got me to try snorkeling. but i swear, i probably scarred him by grabbing him so hard with my nails and half the time i couldnt breath. lol.