We are finally ready for this little one! Well, okay, we still need to put that car seat in, but other than that, we're ready. I had my 39 week doctor appt. last Tuesday and he was really rough with the cervical exam. Definitely sent my body into pre-labor status for the rest of the afternoon and into the night. By morning, all had quieted down. But since we weren't sure, we finally got the rest of the baby stuff from the attic and had our midwife on call.
W also unpacked our birth kit and laid everything out on our dresser for her. Makes it easier for her to grab and go. It amazing how much your brain graciously allows you forget...all the soreness, extra absorbent supplies, and time it takes to recover from such an event.
Even though we've done this twice already now, it surprises me just how tiny they once were. I loooove seeing all her tiny outfits and newborn diapers taking over our room.
Third pregnancies definitely make you feel like an old lady. My body has been so much more achy all around this time, even though I'm measuring the smallest out of all my previous pregnancies. My pelvis, hip bones, and surrounding areas feel like they're being stretched and pulled in ways that normally shouldn't hurt so much. Like I'm either severely out of shape {which I am} or I'm like 80 years old. And the exhaustion has been hightened the past few weeks; making mothering to my other two loves that much harder.
I'm anxious to meet our little girl and give her a name and lots of love. I'm ready to not be pregnant for a looooong while. I'm excited to even the score and get some estrogen back in this house! I'm sure the initial transition won't be smooth, but we're praying that we can take it in stride. We also continue to pray for a healthy and smooth delivery of a healthy and adorable baby girl. And that I don't labor and have her at night... I know I know, Theo's birth was like a fantasy birth, but I'm really hoping not to lose too much sleep again. ;) A pregnant, hormonal girl can still dream, right?!



3 comments:
whoaaa are all those supplies cuz you're doing a home birth?! i think the only thing i had after birth was pads and that's about it! aside from diapers and baby things of course.
praying you have a fast recovery and smooth transition into being a mom of THREE under THREE! eek! you'll do great!! <3
Yup! Just the standard flair for a basic birth...from pads, mattress protective sheet to latex gloves. Most of what you see is chux pads and recovery stuff. We buy extra chux pads because we use them for diaper changes for the first few months. Easier to switch out those than changing pad sheets...at least with the boys we went through them kinda fast. And I'm not sure the c-sec vs vag recovery but cold packs are super helpful for recovery pain as well as a squeeze bottle since you can't really wipe for the first few weeks! And I always love having extra pads and such so we never run out!! :)
Oh ok, if its all for the home birth, that makes total sense!! I guess if I think about everything we had in the hospital room it included all that. I was just thinking of what I had or needed at home and I'm like holy cow what did I do wrong. Lol!
And yeah, the recovery sounds a bit tougher on the lady parts for sure. No issues down there for c sections, except a longer than usual period, and the incision at your bikini line (that's the closest to a lady part situation you get haha) healed within about two weeks.
Clever idea with chux pads as to not have to keep re washing the changing table linens! Very smart!
Post a Comment