Tuesday, September 4

Birthday + Scottish Festivies {Long Weekend}

We kicked off Labor Day weekend with Theo's first birthday and the Scottish Games. You know, just doing all of Theo's favorite things on his very special day.
Every one year old's dream come true, right?! Truthfully, he was just content to show off his new threads his Mama made for him: a custom kilt and "1" shirt. 
 Crazy hams, I tell ya!

We met up with W's Mama's side: Crombie from the House of Gordon. Pretty cool stuff. Always makes me wish I had some kind of heritage besides "mutt".
We did lots of wandering, looking and playing...

The highlight of the day for W was getting fitted for a Utilikilt again but then finding out that he would be purchasing it as well. Merry Christmas from my generous generous parents. :)
All that was too much for T so he promptly passed out.

The evening was spent celebrating with our community group. LOVE these sweet families and being able to do life with them.
And of course, another gem for their future slide show. One can never have too many to choose from...

The rest of the weekend was super laid back and close to home. After the last few weeks of crazy, we needed it. W treated me to days of refreshing and re-charging without ever going away. He was extra hands-on, let me nap and sleep in and did lots of cooking and cleaning with me. I was so grateful for such a great way to start the week.

2 comments:

Tara said...

sounds like the perfect mix of fun and relaxing! and yay for william finally getting his kilt!

Stef said...

omg, so awesome! I love that you guys did this and the kilt had me LOL - only William could totally pull that off.
Utilikits is SO popular in Seattle! When I saw the banner on here I was like "hey, I know that place!!" :)

Happy Birthday to Mr. Cutie Theo. I cannot get enough of his smile. Such a charmer.