Saturday, September 8

16+ weeks

So, it's obvious. Third babe already just has the odds stacked against him for micro-moment attention. It's all good though. We'll just start saving now for those hoooooours of therapy. But at least he'll be able to take on a loud, rowdy, semi-chaotic crowd easy-peasy. Cuz that's kinda what our family is like these days. Mastering life skills already, this one. 


We got away for a date night last week for some drinks and dessert. Just a little sliver of loveliness. I'll take any time I can get with this stud. 
{the pumpkin gelato was a.MA.zing!}

This pregnancy hasn't really been all that different from the others. Granted, it took me a bit longer to figure out I was pregnant in the first place since I was still nursing T. Ha! I definitely don't have the monster appetite I did with the boys. And I actually tossed my cookies a few times this go around during the first trimester. Probably my least favorite activity of all time. Would rather hit my head against a wall.

No major cravings although Mexican food always sounds good. So does the bread and butter pickles. I haven't gained as much this time but I also wasn't completely and comfortably fitting back into my pre-baby clothes either. So I'm sure it'll all even out and be the same in the end. I do know that I must be in the worst shape ever in my life. Where'd all my muscle tone go?! Got lots of work cut out for me post-third. {Elizabeth, I'm joining your gym and you're FORCING me to go with you!} 

It's going by so fast. Especially with the fall and holiday seasons jumping up on us. I'm going to have another sweet adorable baby in my arms in no time flat! And although I have some anxiety about it, I don't think it would really be any different if we had waited. With each new little family member that's added, there's some worry about family adjustment and change in dynamics anyway ya slice it. 

The other day, I finally felt the lil' guy move and it was so perfect. Loved feeling that squirm and was reminded that these days are precious and they are few. I really can't soak them up enough. I can't wait to meet him and get to know his BIG personality: Swenson quirks and all. {I'm pretty sure now that we just don't have "blob" babies..you know, the ones that just sit there passively and quitely, you almost forget they're there. Not possible with these genes.} And he will be dearly loved just like his brothers.

Three weeks left until we can confirm what this guy's gonna be...


2 comments:

Tara said...

lol, im going to laugh if it's a girl. ;)

Gabby and Jason said...

You do pregnancy so well! No wonder you keep having babies. ;)