Last weekend we were suckered invited to join our church's annual Family Camp in Pinecrest. It was a somewhat last minute decision, but we're so glad we went. Our church 'rents' out an entire campsite and there are hundreds of tents, cabins, RVs, and pop-up trailers all over. It was their tenth year doing this summer-time tradition. Ezra was in absolute heaven: dirt and kids twenty-four/seven. Every boy's dream.
It was our first family trip as a family of four...we've definitely slowed down our travel this season compared to when we just had Ezra. I'm going to attribute that to our rough year and not because we've added another. ;)
The first night was way rough with Theo...just not use to the new space, noises and tent-sharing arrangements. Could also be from the tooth that broke throw over the weekend?! Either way, we definitely took turns napping during the day. The second night was close enough to like every other night that we woke up feeling good. The days were full of friends, encouraging conversations, yummy food {all provided for}, a trip to the lake, hikes and the like. Stuff memories are made of.
Some of those moments I captured...


2 comments:
So fun!! I wanna go camping so bad, but am thinking maybe next year when Peyton is like 2.5 and Brady is 4.5.....you guys are such troopers for doing it w a baby. I'm so glad he did well past the first night!
Yahoo!! At least you get sleep other nights :))
Post a Comment