I became a circle garland fan with our dining area re-do. I'm finally getting around to that tutorial. For this garland, I used felt but the one hanging in my house is made of paper. Both are great mediums to use. Obviously, felt is much more durable and hardy than paper. But the steps and outcome are the same.
I started with tracing lots and lots of circles.
Cut, cut and more cutting.
Into stacks.
Next, I worked out my pattern...
Then dumped them into bowls...
Almost good enough to eat, eh?
Seriously, love felt.
Time for assembly! Basically, I just fed the felt circles through the feed-dog and the foot; making sure to keep the foot down the entire time. Once it catches, it moves through on its own. Continue to feed the felt through and adding each new circle until it catches. Don't worry if a few stitches pass before the next circle catches, the spacing won't matter in the end.
I kept my bowls close so I could just grab a new circle fast and feed it through. The biggest pain is keeping up with the pattern and getting circles in fast enough.
And out comes the garland on the other side.
In no time at all, you'll have a super long garland...
Ready to hang up...
or wrap up for transfer!
Easy way to add some whimsy to a room or party!



3 comments:
wow that is a lot easier than i thought!! i love these, but always buy them off etsy, made out of like a hard card stock. maybe i shall attempt to make one. since im a champ at the sewing machine now and everything. lmao!
Tara- YES! Totally a great beginner's project-- hard to mess up and helpful for gaining more confidence. ;) My paper garland is a mixture of card stock and book pages..i used the cricut for cutting those circles out, but you could totally hand do those too!
I am going to copy you again! SOOO cute!!! What is the theme?
Post a Comment