Thursday, April 5

Easter Eggs


We dyed eggs yesterday! It was our very first time together and I definitely had to brush up on my dying skills. Because it's seriously been like, what, 18 years or something?! Nothing a few helpful texts couldn't solve. :)

Instead of boiling the eggs, I baked them. 25 minutes at 325 degrees. Worked effortlessly. 
Ezra was definitely not born with the gift of gentleness. This fact presented a bit of a challenge when dropping the eggs into the jars. I tried really really hard to let him do much of the leg-work but did some intervening from time to time.
 We did exactly a dozen; two of each beautiful color.





There was one casualty that just couldn't be ignored or put back with the others for the matter. I think he planned that.


1 comment:

Tara said...

Your pictures are amazing!!!!!! I love the idea of using masons!!!!!