W had his first out-of-town work assignment this week. Three days, two nights in Roseville {northeast of Sac town}. He left late Sunday to stay with his brother, Frank, since he lives close to there. Saved him waiting up at the butt-crack of dawn to get there on time. We're a bit cheesy and don't like being away from each other all that often. If we can help it, we like to minimize our separation.
So, we came up with the crazy idea of me driving up to join him one evening, if we could make it happen. Totally last minute. My parents are gems; they really are. I dropped Ezra off after naps and hit the road. I re-scheduled tutoring and had Kori cover dog-duty. {thank YOU again!}
Just baby T and Mama on a mini-road trip. My mom was worried that it would actually turn out to be much more of a hassle than it was worth. But it was so nice to get out of town. So nice. For one, it made me happy that I can still say "YES!" to being spontaneous even with the possibility of complete disaster. I still love road trips. The drive was beautiful, calm, and super smooth. Theo was unnaturally silent for 3/4ths of the trip and I made great time. Plus being in a hotel with my hubby still felt like vacation, even if it wasn't!
We met W for dinner at a local dive {Anchor Fish & Chips...greasy goodness!}, hung out for the evening, and had breakfast together before he went back to work.
{Good morning, happy baby!}
Before heading back, I hit up the local Goodwill and also had my first Home Goods Store "experience". It was amazing and overwhelming at the same time. Instant A.D.D. when you walk through those double doors. I had no idea where to start with so many goodies. You definitely need a plan of attach for what you need before heading here.
My only wish was that Ezra could have joined us, but it would have been too much for him, with such a quick turnaround. Ezra and William did manage to get a Skype date yesterday evening before bedtime. We're all looking forward to having Papa back tonight!
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
i love the roseville area. we would love to move there. cost of living is so much better, schools are amazing, up and coming beautiful shopping centers....we love it there and go a lot! glad you get to get away!
I am so glad you ended up going! So I have been wanting to go to home goods for like two years now. There is one in the east bay if you ever want to go again with a buddy :)
Post a Comment